Little Self Introduction

Jan 15, 2020
RSI Handle
Lucian_Marcello
Hellow everyone my ingame username is Lucian_Marcello if you wanted to get in touch with me, but Lucian, or Lucy works too I don't care. I'm from South Carolina, USA but my work makes me travel a lot so I'm all over the place, and all different timezones on occasion. I contributed to Star Citizen back in 2014, but I had tried to keep up with news about progress on the game since it started development. I'm a former Eve Online player and enjoyed the deeper aspects of the player interactions such as territory control and the politics between the different corporations and alliances. When I learn about what they planned to do with Star Citizens persistent universe I was instantly sold on as in my mind it grabbed all the more hardcore aspects I enjoyed about my last game and was trying to make it that much more immersive of experience with multi-crew ships, managing and repairing all the subsystems on your ship, etc.

What I'm looking forward to the most though and a mechanic I very much enjoyed in Eve was exploration. I liked the idea of scanning down undiscovered spots in deep space or mapping out a network of wormholes that lead to who knows where, for who knows how long. To that end, I do currently have a Carrack LTI that I am very much eagerly anticipating undocking (hopefully next month according to the roadmap). As for how I came across TEST Squadron, I stumbled across ya'll while browsing the Star Citizen website. What ultimately convinced me to join was the forums, since coming back to Star Citizen upon release of 3.8 I had a lot of questions that confused me about the game regarding certain ships, or mechanics, etc, and most of the time these forums had someone with a thread started up discussing exactly that. I'm fairly new the PU as my previous interactions with it were when I had a lower end PC that still had issues with older released of the PU. So I saw TEST as an excellent community of experienced people I can hopefully learn from.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Welcome to TEST, you sound a lot like I did a year ago. I backed in 2014, almost gave up on the game, even gave my account away, then I stumbled across a YouTube video by @Montoya on Anthem of all things. I liked his style, he was an old fart like me with a semi-successful YouTube gaming channel and less hair than I had, so he caught my attention and I subscribed. To my surprise the next video I saw was titled Star Citizen Origin 600i first walkthrough. After watching that I had my old account back, was buying a 600i off the gray market and I joined TEST Squadron. Since then, I've made a number of amazing friends, pissed off only a few people, and I've had the time of my life in a game I'd almost written off.

Jump into Discord and say hello, it's a little dead right now because 3.8 needs some polishing, that said feel free to ping any of us directly and we'll hop in with you though.

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?