LOADING... PLEASE WAIT.

Uncle Horse

Ensign
Oct 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Uncle_Horse
Where you from stranger?
'From?' Originally Southwest Louisiana. Currently living in South Texas. Favorite State I've lived in: Alaska. I'm a Marine Corps Veteran with two trips to the sand box, and I am a helicopter mechanic by trade. I fixed AH-1W Super Cobras and UH-1N Super Hueys in the Marines. I currently maintain AS-350B3's, UH-1H Single engine Hueys, and Cessna 206 airframes for the border patrol.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I 'heard' about SC in 2012, but I was skeptical, so I waited. I finally backed in 2014 with a two year anniversary Super Hornet package. For me, the initial draw was exploration, mining and cargo transport. When I heard you can be a SPACE MECHANIC, I was hooked. Now, with such a fully detailed list of coming functionality... It's hard to not be excited about the whole package.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
The Crucible! I want the name Uncle Horse to be synonymous with spot-on ship repair.

What was the first game you remember playing?
E.T. on our Atari 2600 OR Frogger running through qbasic on DOS. Can't remember which I played first. E.T. was frustrating and not much fun. That's all I can recall.

What other games do you play?
Paragon, Overwatch and League currently. I have tons of games on Steam, and I've gone through many gaming phases (Diablo 1995-1997, The Realm 1997-1999, Everquest 1999-2003, World of Warcraft 2003-2005, and so on)

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
Honestly? I didn't like the Org drama that is out there, and I figured I can get in a pilot's seat and bash my space ship up against other space ships. The choice was obvious. I figured as hilarious as TEST Squadron's propaganda is, there are bound to be some fun and interesting people to meet! :)

Picard or Kirk?
I have to side with Kirk, and this isn't an anti-Picard issue. This is about who's middle name is mufuggin Tiberius.

Last edited:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I want the name Uncle Horse to be synonymous with spot-on ship repair.
Sounds more like you would be interested in the Crucible repair ship.

there are bound to be some fun and interesting people to meet! :)
Nope, none here. Ha. Ha.

Welcome to TEST SQUADRON.

Thank you for your service. Ex-Navy here.

Uncle Horse

Ensign
Oct 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Uncle_Horse
Sounds more like you would be interested in the Crucible repair ship.

Yes, very much so. I changed my ship preference to the Crucible because I totally forgot they were giving us a repair ship. But I don't want to limit myself to operating the crucible. I want to be able to repair and maintain all ships and understand their functional game "mechanics" (cringe worthy, I know).

Thanks for your service! I love me some Navy folks, especially the FMF Corpsmen.

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Yes, very much so. But I don't want to limit myself to operating the crucible. I want to be able to repair and maintain all ships and understand their functional game "mechanics" (cringe worthy, I know).

Thanks for your service! I love me some Navy folks, especially the FMF Corpsmen.
There are many Crucibles in the Org, you can man mine!
I knew you were an EQ addict from the thread title, glad to meet you. I played a Bard. One of those crazy mofos that dragged 20-50 mobs behind them and shouted them to death!

Uncle Horse

Ensign
Oct 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Uncle_Horse
There are many Crucibles in the Org, you can man mine!
I knew you were an EQ addict from the thread title, glad to meet you. I played a Bard. One of those crazy mofos that dragged 20-50 mobs behind them and shouted them to death!
Oh man I remember those days. It all started in lake of I'll omen in Kunark when bards were really doing large multi-song trains! Brings back memories. Dead Sarnaks everywhere!

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The Crucible! I want the name Uncle Horse to be synonymous with spot-on ship repair.
I'm also most excited about repairs! Can't wait to get more info on how it works. I know, I know, we have the Crucible article. But I want MOAAAR!
Also, TEST will be good business. We crash a lot!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I know, I know, we have the Crucible article. But I want MOAAAR!
Be glad you have that! Try waiting on the Endeavor! They even showed they were implementing Science, Research, and Farming but no word on Endeavor being ready!!!

Wtf is up with that?!

I'm excited for the Crucible too, but it'll probably be a hangar ship that I drag components to so I can repair to throw to my Endeavor for practice overclocking.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Be glad you have that! Try waiting on the Endeavor! They even showed they were implementing Science, Research, and Farming but no word on Endeavor being ready!!!

Wtf is up with that?!

I'm excited for the Crucible too, but it'll probably be a hangar ship that I drag components to so I can repair to throw to my Endeavor for practice overclocking.
I know how it feels. I've been hooked on the Hope class for so long, until I decided it's way too big for me (and too long of a wait) and my interest in it started fading. Can I pls crew yours though?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Can I pls crew yours though?
Definitely! I'm not sure how I'll get the 16 people, but we'll manage. I ended up snagging a Master Set, so we can do all sorts of stuff!

I mostly want it for research and some exploring for wormholes, but we can run out as a medical unit sometime.

Forgot your password?