Logitech X56

Stickx1307

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Stickx1307
I know it's talked about 100o times over, I can't find the thread, could anyone point me torwards the thread for the average button layout of the Logitech x56, I finally purchased one

Reactions: StdDev

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I recommend binding your joystick yourself. Rather than try to memorize someone elses key mapping, invent one that makes sense to yourself... easier to remember.

Stickx1307

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Stickx1307
I recommend binding your joystick yourself. Rather than try to memorize someone elses key mapping, invent one that makes sense to yourself... easier to remember.
That's a good point, my next question I see reports of the controls being inverted and needing a file to fix it, any thought on that?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
That's a good point, my next question I see reports of the controls being inverted and needing a file to fix it, any thought on that?
Shouldn't be an issue anymore, if they're inverted that can be changed in the UI, go to Options > Controls > Inversion Settings > Flight > Flight Movement, then fix any that are not to your liking:
1651852315057.png

Reactions: StdDev

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Shouldn't be an issue anymore, if they're inverted that can be changed in the UI, go to Options > Controls > Inversion Settings > Flight > Flight Movement, then fix any that are not to your liking:
View attachment 22835
View attachment 22835
While you can attach a number of control devices to your computer, only the first 3 (maybe 4) devices will be able to be "inverted" in star citizen. So if you are someone like me that has a mouse that is a "control device" ( it has a thumb control that you can use as an up/down or roll button), then a throttle and a stick, pedals, and then two button boxes (adds another 56 buttons to assign controls) and you can end up with 6 devices. Other people add things like a radio simulator and other flight sim products and you can easily assign so many boxes that it can take an hour or two on patch day to go though and re-assign every single button. This isn't just SC patch day either, this can also happen when windows patches. That's because when you reboot, it can (and often does) reassign every device a number that does not match how it was in your last reboot. The best way to fix this is to get a USB hub that has individual switches that enable/disable the usb port next to it. Put all your controls there. Put your joystick on 1, throttle on usb port 2, etc. When you are about to reboot turn them all off. Reboot and when windows is back up and logged back in, turn them on one at a time slowly. Let windows recognize your device and assign a number. This way you control the number (as best you can) and are less likely to need to reassign all your hotkeys. There may be other ways too.
Good luck.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Stickx1307

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Stickx1307
While you can attach a number of control devices to your computer, only the first 3 (maybe 4) devices will be able to be "inverted" in star citizen. So if you are someone like me that has a mouse that is a "control device" ( it has a thumb control that you can use as an up/down or roll button), then a throttle and a stick, pedals, and then two button boxes (adds another 56 buttons to assign controls) and you can end up with 6 devices. Other people add things like a radio simulator and other flight sim products and you can easily assign so many boxes that it can take an hour or two on patch day to go though and re-assign every single button. This isn't just SC patch day either, this can also happen when windows patches. That's because when you reboot, it can (and often does) reassign every device a number that does not match how it was in your last reboot. The best way to fix this is to get a USB hub that has individual switches that enable/disable the usb port next to it. Put all your controls there. Put your joystick on 1, throttle on usb port 2, etc. When you are about to reboot turn them all off. Reboot and when windows is back up and logged back in, turn them on one at a time slowly. Let windows recognize your device and assign a number. This way you control the number (as best you can) and are less likely to need to reassign all your hotkeys. There may be other ways too.
Good luck.
ok, i have to order a second hub, eveything I have is RGB lighted so it's plugged in, im going to have to take the time to set up the controls, it's a tad other whelming

Reactions: Deroth

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
If you are looking for ideas as to how to arrange the buttons, BuzZz_Killer's guides are well thought out and usually explained.
The essential idea is that the stuff you NEED to have under stress, such as combat, should be on switches where you don't have to break your grip or reposition your hands.

I run a set of virpils now, but have gone through many iterations of sticks and bindings, and that is still open to change as the game develops.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
This x 10

It's a pain in the arse but once it's done, you know what the hell is goin on in your hands forever.
I didn't find it that difficult, once I figured out the interface and how to swap the throttle axis.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Depending on your device(s), Joystick Diagram, https://www.joystick-diagrams.com/, can also be helpful with keeping track of your key binds.
Also, if you do your own key binds, I recommend exporting them as sometimes there are patches that mess them up.
Yes. Also you can import them into the PTU build or "release" build after deleting your user folder.

• o7

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Oh this is great thank you
There's also a discord for it, the developer (seems to be one person) has always seemed very active and response on there, so if you run into problems they (or someone else on there) might be able to provide assistance (or at least a technical explanation to the issue.) Sometimes people even post custom diagrams for devices the developer hasn't implemented into the tool yet.

Reactions: Stickx1307

Stickx1307

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Stickx1307
There's also a discord for it, the developer (seems to be one person) has always seemed very active and response on there, so if you run into problems they (or someone else on there) might be able to provide assistance (or at least a technical explanation to the issue.) Sometimes people even post custom diagrams for devices the developer hasn't implemented into the tool yet.
Sweet thank you for the info

Forgot your password?