Lonestar the Kilrathi here

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
Where you from stranger?
Texas. Dallas specifically. Sometimes Austin, but never Houston.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
fancy spaceships and piracy

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
making people drop cargo and then cry when that doesn't stop my pursuit

What was the first game you remember playing?
Leisure Suit Larry. I was probably 8.

What other games do you play?
Kerbal Space Program, not many more at the moment but for some reason i keep buying steam games

Picard or Kirk?
Kirk, he got all the pussy

Reactions: maynard

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
What other games do you play?
Kerbal Space Program, not many more at the moment but for some reason i keep buying steam games
Yeah... I know that feeling, but why is that really? ... What sorcery is compelling me to fill my library with games i never have played, or will play! :P
Welcome to TEST, Lonestar! (Damn, now i have a retro cartoon in my head)

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Leisure Suit Larry FTW!

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
tl;dr i've been drinking

some more background:
so the last gaming organization i was in was a wow guild years ago. i was raid coordinator for my guild and i also organized a fight night type gambling thing with a bunch of other guilds.
i was pretty good at the whole min/maxing thing and i handled logging raids and examining, uh, like people's performance. i pretty much had to tell people they, uh, fucking sucked, and then recommend they be kicked off the raid team or whatever. it was kind of harsh, but hey, logs. what could i say. i said it politely, but damn, we took that shit seriously. like i was tasked with this job, we needed someone running around McNamaraing the whole thing.
and it payed off, i have an account with a server first on it, which is cool, but to get there we had to step on a lot of people.
but i haven't played that game in a long time, the guild self destructed, and i lost interest after 5 years in.

since then i've given a lot of games a few hours, but there's nothing that i've felt compelled to play. What i loved about it was the necessity for community and the requirement of cooperative play to achieve long term hardcore goals.

my first true love of a game was Space Quest, by Sierra. I watched people play Wing Commander and Privateer, but i never really had a computer that was good enough to play them, i bought them of course, i had barely the minimum specs, if that, and i was not really able to track targets at 5 fps or probably less. My friends dad let his son put Privateer on his work computer and it was beautiful. I got to watch, they wouldn't let me touch it.

Eventually i was building computers, but at the time doom and then doom 2 were the big things and no one played space sims and my computer really couldn't handle a real flight sim in any kind of fidelity. Also i was running dial-up BBSes and doing other things like sucking at girls.

i do not remember college

when i moved back to dallas i built a computer that ran Independence War 2 and after that, yeah, some console games and then that whole wow thing.

what i'm looking to do in star citizen is work a series of goals.
at this point what i'm looking to do, in terms of this squadron, is to fit myself into whichever skill group i fall into. to figure that out, after v.9 with friends lists, is to try and build up my contacts and do as much PvP and coop PvE with them as possible.
eventually, my level of suck will settle in and i will have a robust network of players that either will let me fly their Merlin for them, or they won't

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
welcome fellow testie :D

i know that feeling after beeing in a hardcore wow-raid. it's a bit of an emptiness that follows around you in every game after that (maybe that's why we keep on buying steam games). SC is my last hope of beeing in a big org/guild and achieving some common goals in-game. no game after wow was able to reproduce the feeling of a 40-man raid standing in front of a new boss, whiping endless times and then finally kill it. maybe there is EVE, tried that, but it doesn't feel like a game, more like excel-online.

i like your avatar :D

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
What was the first game you remember playing?
Leisure Suit Larry. I was probably 8.
How did I miss that?

I envision a new sequel:
Leisure Suit Larry: Fornication Phoenix

We've already got the hot tub... can't be that hard for a swinger ship captain of the UEE Affluenza to locate some attractive women with questionable morals, could it?

Reactions: JoeCool4433

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Welcome. aaaah, good ol' wow raids. I think I will reactivate my account for the next expansion.

Forgot your password?