Long term hangar question, looking for opinions.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I think eventually, most every player will want some sort of deck based attack ship for use in org missions, so Fury, Arrow or Eclipse. There’s always time to buy one but I think everyone should be practiced at one of these. I can’t tell since I’m on my phone but it looks like you have an Eclipse tucked in there.

You want to do bounty hunting, but you’re not interested in the Legionnaire?
I'm not interested in the Legionnaire.
We have Hawks for Carrier fighters but the Sabres or Hornet replacements could be for that as well.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
OK, after playing more in the past couple of weeks than the past couple of years, I came to a realization. I almost never use my Sabre, and my loaner Super Hornet even less. The only time I use the Sabre is when the Blue and Vanguard are both waiting for the insurance timer. And I use it for the missile payload, which isn't practical once we need to bring them in warm.

I guess the Sabre becomes the MR with no replacement.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
OK, after playing more in the past couple of weeks than the past couple of years, I came to a realization. I almost never use my Sabre, and my loaner Super Hornet even less. The only time I use the Sabre is when the Blue and Vanguard are both waiting for the insurance timer. And I use it for the missile payload, which isn't practical once we need to bring them in warm.

I guess the Sabre becomes the MR with no replacement.
Whatever you feel is best for your fleet to make SC better for you, I support, my friend.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well i get it.
There was a time when components and stealth mattered and the Sabre was a king with 3 crowns.. err.. shield,
These days the Saber is an S2 fighter amongst many. And not necesarily the best.
Besides, getting rid of stuff you don't use to make room for much cooler stuff is a nobrainer, right?
:like:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Well i get it.
There was a time when components and stealth mattered and the Sabre was a king with 3 crowns.. err.. shield,
These days the Saber is an S2 fighter amongst many. And not necesarily the best.
Besides, getting rid of stuff you don't use to make room for much cooler stuff is a nobrainer, right?
:like:
It's not even that it used to be a great fighter, though it did. It still is quite good. It just isn't needed, long term, for bounty hunting. If I need a carrier fighter, I have the Hawk. If I need a fighter that doesn't need to take up a carrier pad, I have the Vanguard, and to a lesser extent the Razorcrest, oops, Cutlass Blue.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It's not even that it used to be a great fighter, though it did. It still is quite good. It just isn't needed, long term, for bounty hunting. If I need a carrier fighter, I have the Hawk. If I need a fighter that doesn't need to take up a carrier pad, I have the Vanguard, and to a lesser extent the Razorcrest, oops, Cutlass Blue.
"It is the way"

Forgot your password?