Looking for a Sabre LTI

MammonLord

The Gatekeeper
May 10, 2014
RSI Handle
mammon
The MISC Prospector should go on sale this month and will probably cost less than a Sabre. Also the Drake Buccaneer and Dragonfly sales are coming. Unless you can pay very close to the original price I strongly urge you to wait and CCU yourself a Sabre. :)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The MISC Prospector should go on sale this month and will probably cost less than a Sabre. Also the Drake Buccaneer and Dragonfly sales are coming. Unless you can pay very close to the original price I strongly urge you to wait and CCU yourself a Sabre. :)
Are they LTI? I'm willing to pay 'some' cash for a fighter, but it has to be LTI.
I can CCU a ship but it inherits the original insurance.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Whaleman

Commander
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
whaleman
Are they LTI? I'm willing to pay 'some' cash for a fighter, but it has to be LTI.
I can CCU a ship but it inherits the original insurance.
All concept ships will have LTI and then you can upgrade them to a more expensive ship and keep the LTI. If your delta has LTI (also be aware that the delta doesn't really have shields right now, they're bugged an let all damage through unmigitated) you can alway wait for the sabre to go on sale again and upgrade to it.

Reactions: Grimbli

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
If you cant wait for a snub fighter or fighter LTI to come up like the Argos or Drake Buccaneer you could try and get a P-72 LTI convert it to a constellation Andromeda and on Ebay they are selling andro to sabre ccu for $26 so you end up with a Sabre LTI

Lightmare

Commander
Apr 7, 2016
RSI Handle
eNCee-Lightmare
All concept ships will have LTI and then you can upgrade them to a more expensive ship and keep the LTI. If your delta has LTI (also be aware that the delta doesn't really have shields right now, they're bugged an let all damage through unmigitated) you can alway wait for the sabre to go on sale again and upgrade to it.

The Mustang shields have been fixed in patch 2.3.1. Mustangs will now have their default shields.

Whaleman

Commander
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
whaleman
The Mustang shields have been fixed in patch 2.3.1. Mustangs will now have their default shields.
Yes and no. They have their shields again, but for ages the delta shields do absolutely nothing and only way to even damage the shields is with missiles or sucker punches, all other damage goes straight to the hull.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
If you cant wait for a snub fighter or fighter LTI to come up like the Argos or Drake Buccaneer you could try and get a P-72 LTI convert it to a constellation Andromeda and on Ebay they are selling andro to sabre ccu for $26 so you end up with a Sabre LTI
Buying a P-72 LTI and CCU it to Andromeda and sabre would cost appropriately $270. That is a nogo, but thanks for the suggestion.
Flying the Mustang is too much fun, I won't CCU that, and yes it has shields now. Yesterday I noticed for the first time that they where recharging. I will replace the stock shields when they allow it.

Last edited:

Whaleman

Commander
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
whaleman
Reactions: marcsand2

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Thanks for the offer, I will take it in consideration, although your buy back is more then I expected. I guess it is because the damn taxes.
Yeah it is, sorry but I can't change that...... I'm not going to tell you to buy mine, what I'm going to tell you is to wait for the next concept sale for the small mining ship at the end of this month and wait to ccu it to a sabre or try to get an upgrade.
GL.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcsand2

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I agree with a few of the wise men above - the small mining ship is likely to be reasonably cheap - could be a good way to pick up some LTI base models ready for upgrades later. Like you I also really want a sabre. They will go back on sale at some point soon, maybe rent one for now?

I got the credit card ready for the MISC Prospector

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Thanks allot for all replies. It was very helpfull in making up my mind.
1. I'm looking forward to the new concept sale.
2. I got myself a Sabre and took it out for a fight. No regrets at all!!!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Keep in mind that ship upgrading will not be possible anymore at the time the beta version will be released.

Here's a pretty good explanation incl. a small history excursus:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5099285/#Comment_5099285
I apologize for giving a long answer here. However, I think the 'history' is important to know.

Since this is crowd-funded, you aren't 'buying' ships, you're donating money and getting ships as awards. At some level there's no difference, so you can think of if as buying ships if you want. However, at another level there is a difference. Early backers were made promises based on WHEN they backed, and not just how much.

What that means is a ship you got for a $50 pledge in 2013 is actually 'better' than a ship you got for a $50 pledge in 2015. The difference are the little things that come with it. Most importantly, Alpha Access and LifeTime Insurance.

As new ships were released, some people wanted the new ship rather than the one they had received. For example someone might want an M50 rather than an Aurora. Instead of handling all exchanges manually, CiG made the 'melting' or 'refund' process. You get your money back, but you give up your award. (The whole award, not just parts of it.) People who used this lost the extras they had gotten before that were no longer offered. It was like 'starting over' and losing time spent.

So, they finally made up the Cross-Chassis Upgrade system. This was the new way to exchange your ship but keep the other parts of your award. (Basically an upgrade to the award package you received.)

Okay, history lesson over.

That means CCU's only make sense in the context of 'crowd-funding' and 'backer awards.' As soon as the crowd-funding phase is over, there will be no more pledging, no more 'awards' and no more CCU's.

However, up until that point the system is pretty flexible. Yes, you can buy 5 Reliants right now. These will come with Lifetime Insurance. At some point in the future it's possible that CCU's will be available for the Reliant. (We don't know that yet for sure, but it's very likely.) You'll be able to upgrade the ship into other more expensive ships and retain the LTI. (Something you wouldn't get if you bought those ships directly.)

However, it's something of a risk. We don't know if Reliant CCU's will ever show up, and if they do, we don't know if they'll be the ones you want. Also, if you wait too long, the crowd-funding phase will end, and you'll be stuck with 5 Reliants. You should have plenty of warning for that though. (Also, those will be LTI Reliants and probably sell for quite a bit of in-game cash. However, you won't keep the LTI and if that's what you're looking for you'll have to find a Player that wants to sell an LTI version of the ship you want.)

That should answer all your questions and perhaps some misconceptions about what's happening here. Once again, sorry if this was way too long and boring.

Reactions: Floating Cloud
Forgot your password?