Looking for an (in-game) guide to Jumptown.

Balcanis

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2018
RSI Handle
Balcanis
Alright: Go to Grim Hex or OM-6. Fly towards the other and a bit of OM-2.

Look for the long shlong with the broken bit. Draw a line between the island thing next to it, past the shit stain, to what looks like a headland on a coast line. On a line from the island thing to this is a darker blob of mountain range that contains Jumptown in a crater to the right side at the very end.

View attachment 11104

I made a video of me performing a precision landing from orbit with minimal corrections using this guide:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16toVwGQA8

Good luck finding it in the night though. Walk away and grab a few more beers or something.

Edit: I've been told shit rotates, so hope it's in the right spot, but Grim Hex usually is a good starting point. Just jump around like an idiot until you find the shlong.
This was very helpful. Thx! Markers are definitely dynamic. From what I have seen last night, I would say GrimHex is also not in static position in reference to Yela. Two days ago I was able to see a similar Yela landscape, but last night was completely off.

One note though. You don't have to jump like an idiot until you find it. You can actually open up your starmap and see what is currently the point of reference for the location and jump there. Basically, open up your star map and see where you are in reference to Yela and the region you're looking for, cause you can see it on the map as well.

Reactions: Deroth and Ammorn

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Easiest way to find it is to stand inside HEX at table furthest away from ship spawn screens and look at Yela through the windows.
When you see Yela covered just about half with sunlight, then you can take of from HEX, do a 180 fly under HEX and Jumptown will be just under and a bit to the left of OM 2.
Once you know what greyish mountain ridge to aim for you never miss it ever again.
Trying to find it when it's in darkness is.. well a waste of time.

CHEERS! ;)

Reactions: Ammorn and Deroth

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Do the Brits also get credit for things from Scotland and Ireland?
If so, then the list of awesome things grows quite a bit longer.
If a person is considered a crackpot or or even an average person, they are scottish, welsh, etc. Once they do something noteworthy, they become British. See the grand tour season 2

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If a person is considered a crackpot or or even an average person, they are scottish, welsh, etc. Once they do something noteworthy, they become British. See the grand tour season 2
Poor old Andy Murray, he must has been furious when they revoked his Scottish passport and gave him a British one for winning the Tennis World Cup.

Reactions: Ammorn and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Could always avoid JT by friending up with someone that has a ship with a large cargo hold (like a Caterpillar or Starfarer), if both of you can put up a minimum of 30k then you can do some decent cargo runs, then split everything when done.

Forgot your password?