Looks like the Taurus will have 172 SCU

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Kinda places it at the top of the solo-transport pack. I'm gratified they gave it lots more than the Lancer Max and StarRunner, or it would have faded to obscurity. Never gonna be quiet like the Lancer nor fast like the StarRunner, but if you want to fight your way out of trouble, seems the transport to have.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
From the latest leaks it looks like the Taurus has 174 SCU and two tractor beams.

4 Gimbal S4's.. its got a great mix of weapons and cargo.
Mmm sweet, the price jump will probably be higher than the average in that price range then, moreover with the Freelancer Max now being dwarfed in comparison.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Until CIG massively overhauls the issues of supply shortages system wide as well as reduce the limitations of how much a location that accepts cargo can accept at a given time, cargo hauling will be almost pointless other than as a time & effort sink. Which really sucks in my opinion as I'd love to get back to enjoying cargo hauling & making reasonable profits again.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
174 isn’t a bad amount for a ship the size of a Connie, I think it makes the Taurus a valid cargo hauler for both short run and next door system trades. The Freelancer Max will dominate some of that with the 120 SCU of cargo through small jump points, but the Connie should be a decent ship going through medium jump points.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
That is true, when it comes to some jump points only allowing smaller ships, the Max will shine big time.

For haulers its the $/hour and if you can grab a few short cuts through jump points that shave enough time off the trip, Im sure CIG will balance it for the smaller ships too.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Even if Taurus had exactly the same amount of Cargo as Max, it'd still be vastly more suitable for transporting volatile materials, making it potentially much more profitable in that niche. Having larger cargo hold is just a bonus, the important thing is you can dump the cargo if things go south. With Max, if the cargo gets rowdy, it's stuck inside the ship. Maybe you could try opening the ramp and manually unloading the ship, but that just takes so much longer, you'd probably have to use escape pods instead, losing the ship and a ton of time, while Taurus you can just jettison the cargo, turn back and try again immediately.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Even if Taurus had exactly the same amount of Cargo as Max, it'd still be vastly more suitable for transporting volatile materials, making it potentially much more profitable in that niche. Having larger cargo hold is just a bonus, the important thing is you can dump the cargo if things go south. With Max, if the cargo gets rowdy, it's stuck inside the ship. Maybe you could try opening the ramp and manually unloading the ship, but that just takes so much longer, you'd probably have to use escape pods instead, losing the ship and a ton of time, while Taurus you can just jettison the cargo, turn back and try again immediately.
Meaning, you can simply eject the cargo because of the tractor beams?

When I look at Lancer, Connie, Runner and Corsair, I still think the most practical to fly is the Lancer, just because she is so stealthy. I don't think it would be much a life living on one though. For comfort I think I want the Mercury, but we'll have to see what the Corsair offers.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Meaning, you can simply eject the cargo because of the tractor beams?

When I look at Lancer, Connie, Runner and Corsair, I still think the most practical to fly is the Lancer, just because she is so stealthy. I don't think it would be much a life living on one though. For comfort I think I want the Mercury, but we'll have to see what the Corsair offers.
One of the features of the Taurus is it has a trap-door bottom on the cargo sled. You can simply eject your contents at will and get the hell out of Dodge.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The good thing about the Taurus is that new improvements will most probably carry over the rest of the connies (less struts and so on).
Does the Taurus already have some improvement? I remeber CIG state that there is no "upgrade pass" on the variant since they pllan to do all the vistual and funcional upgrade on all the variant at the same time in the future....
Very happy if I remember wrong or CIG change theyr plan, Conny really deserve a visual and style upgrade more then any other ship.

That is true, when it comes to some jump points only allowing smaller ships, the Max will shine big time.

For haulers its the $/hour and if you can grab a few short cuts through jump points that shave enough time off the trip, Im sure CIG will balance it for the smaller ships too.
Hmm I think that Conny and Freelancer series share the same "tier" of size, after all they all use the medium size landing pad... or not?

That is an interesting consideration but I think CIG plan to implement this in basically all the ships: the MSR for example does have on the central console beteween the two seats a cover-protecetd button labeled "dump cargo".
It could just be a place holder for the data wipe system or just implmented do to the "smuggler" nature of the ship, but it could find his way in other ship also.

Forgot your password?