Mandatory introduction thread!

RoniasXeden

Commander
Oct 30, 2021
RSI Handle
RoniasX
Hello Testies!

I'm quite excited to be here, maybe now my shenanigans in Stanton and soon Pyro will become less lonely.
But in space no one can hear you scream, so...

I've just applied on RSI website and am now here to spread my foolishness!
Unnecessary blahblahblah aside, let's get the introductory Q&A started!

Where you from stranger?
Well, hope I won't be as much of a stranger soon, but I'm originally from Poland, currently living on one of German islands.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Always been quite fond of space and a fan of sci-fi. Honestly though, I can't quite remember the one thing that made me pull the trigger on SC, it's been a long time ago, I've pledged in 2014. Or was it 2015?
If I was to choose one specific reasonat this exact moment? The promise of what the game will offer and the general idea of how it shapes up. Fine, that was 2 things.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
There's no straight answer to that question. So, let's say that it's doing whatever I want to do at that exact moment while being in a fleshed out, expansive, immersive and beautiful universe while being able to interact with other people while doing that whatever.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Ouch, a tough one, my memory isn't what it used to be. It was probably something on a Pegasus - for those who don't know - it was a Famicom clone pretty popular in the 90's in Poland. Then came the PlayStation and that's how the carousel started.

What other games do you play?
I play mostly anything, probably played all the worthwile ones and never really stuck to one particular game for years. When it comes to single player titles I have a weak spot for RPG's and games driven by good story. About multiplayer though... I've probably spent the most time in GW2, Tarkov, PUBG, DayZ and ArmA.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?

I think it was actually Montoya's YT channel. What convinced me to join? Beer!

Picard or Kirk?
I'm not really a Trekkie to be honest. I've watched some, definitely would give it another go. Have tried watching Discovery and the new Picard series, can't even remember why I dropped them. I've watched the new movies.
I'd definitely choose the old Kirk, that is if I choose Kirk over Picard, cause the memes are strong there. But I didn't choose, so, shhhhh...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Welcome to TEST!
I'd definitely choose the old Kirk, that is if I choose Kirk over Picard, cause the memes are strong there. But I didn't choose, so, shhhhh...
Besides, he got to be in a real rocket... and show a sign that said "Suck it Picard" at the end of his ride. But the amazing part of that is that he is still alive to do it.

RoniasXeden

Commander
Oct 30, 2021
RSI Handle
RoniasX
Do you have any particular ships that you have or hope to have someday that are your favorites so far? (in game or not)
I gotta say I love my Gladius the most, which had an upgrade path going from Aurora -> Avenger Titan -> Arrow. I'm also quite fond of the Constellation series, and I'm seriously considering upgrading my Cutty Black into one.

Out of the ships I've flown, been on or are not yet flight ready, I'd have to say that one day I hope to have a Glaive, Carrack, Ares Ion and possibly Liberator if it becomes as useful as people think.
Of course the capital ships are also amazing for all the different reasons...
I mean, hell, I wanna have them all! :love:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I gotta say I love my Gladius the most, which had an upgrade path going from Aurora -> Avenger Titan -> Arrow. I'm also quite fond of the Constellation series, and I'm seriously considering upgrading my Cutty Black into one.

Out of the ships I've flown, been on or are not yet flight ready, I'd have to say that one day I hope to have a Glaive, Carrack, Ares Ion and possibly Liberator if it becomes as useful as people think.
Of course the capital ships are also amazing for all the different reasons...
I mean, hell, I wanna have them all! :love:
I agree that the Gladius is a great ship, as are the Auroras, Titan & Arrow, so clearly you've got good taste.

Personally, I also like the Connies, but I'm hoping that given how much Chris Roberts has stated in the past that he loves them, that just before official launch, they will get a released refresh to start the game with them being as incredible as they seemed to be (compared to the other known ships at that time) when they were initially unveiled.

I haven't yet tried out the Glaive, but they look good currently & the sneak previewed version of what they're supposed to look like in Squadron 42 takes those looks to another level.

The Carrack is a great ship, but is truly at its best when you're operating it with friends.

I'm a big fan of the Ion & think that it'll be something of a sniper type ship in fleet battles containing large & above ships. (ie sneak into a position with cover, like behind an asteroid, then when the time is right, strike. Letting the asteroid take the initial return fire for you while you continue your assault until small fighters are detected, then charge up the Qdrive & bolt.

I'm still on the fence with the Liberator, but I can see it's potential in several ways.

As a former player of Pokemon, whenever I see a ship in SC, if I haven't before I want to try it out as well. Gotta catch'em all, right? LoL

RoniasXeden

Commander
Oct 30, 2021
RSI Handle
RoniasX
I agree that the Gladius is a great ship, as are the Auroras, Titan & Arrow, so clearly you've got good taste.

Personally, I also like the Connies, but I'm hoping that given how much Chris Roberts has stated in the past that he loves them, that just before official launch, they will get a released refresh to start the game with them being as incredible as they seemed to be (compared to the other known ships at that time) when they were initially unveiled.

I haven't yet tried out the Glaive, but they look good currently & the sneak previewed version of what they're supposed to look like in Squadron 42 takes those looks to another level.

The Carrack is a great ship, but is truly at its best when you're operating it with friends.

I'm a big fan of the Ion & think that it'll be something of a sniper type ship in fleet battles containing large & above ships. (ie sneak into a position with cover, like behind an asteroid, then when the time is right, strike. Letting the asteroid take the initial return fire for you while you continue your assault until small fighters are detected, then charge up the Qdrive & bolt.

I'm still on the fence with the Liberator, but I can see it's potential in several ways.

As a former player of Pokemon, whenever I see a ship in SC, if I haven't before I want to try it out as well. Gotta catch'em all, right? LoL
Thank you kindly!

At least visually I've really liked thoe Connies from the start. Then I liked them when I first flew the Andromeda. And I've come to like them even more in 3.14. They're great all-rounders to me.

About the Glaive, I've still haven't managed to fly one, as I haven't met anyone in PU who'd have it and lend it to me. But I love the aesthetic and the capabilities, at least on paper.

I've had an occasion to fly the Carrack, unfortunately solo, but I absolutely love the design. And I'd also love to have a deep space home vessel when they flesh out the exploration aspect. Plus, I do realise the Carrack must be a blast with a crew. Nicely positioned turrets, two deck cockpit. *chefs kiss*

Ahh, I kinda can't wait for Legends Arceus, been ages since I last played Pokemon cause Sword and Shield didn't really get me interested enough to buy them.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Another ship that you might want to look into & consider as an alternate for a Carrack, is ironically the BMM. Currently it's less expensive, but that will most likely change soon. So you might want to look into a low cost CCU from 1 ship into a BMM during the Anniversary sale & then keep that in your hangar until you know if you want it or not. CIG showed the updated concept for it this past CitizenCon & since then people have been going over the new information with fine detail. There's a few threads about it here that you can check out if you'd like.

RoniasXeden

Commander
Oct 30, 2021
RSI Handle
RoniasX
Another ship that you might want to look into & consider as an alternate for a Carrack, is ironically the BMM. Currently it's less expensive, but that will most likely change soon. So you might want to look into a low cost CCU from 1 ship into a BMM during the Anniversary sale & then keep that in your hangar until you know if you want it or not. CIG showed the updated concept for it this past CitizenCon & since then people have been going over the new information with fine detail. There's a few threads about it here that you can check out if you'd like.
Actually, after Citizen Con I've started thinking about BMM as well so, I might look into that.

Forgot your password?