Mass Effect Andromeda

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Origin Early Access is available now! (for those of you who has subscribed)

I'm not, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday, but I really can't wait.

The general consensus right now is that Character Creation Engine is total piece of crap (guess I'll try it out to see, if worst comes to worst, I'll go with default Ryders) and the animations are just as awful as shown in preview videos and some trailers.

MassEffect hasn't been the best in animations department (Shepard Shuffle, awkward running, looking sideways as you're talking, etc etc etc) so I'm not that bummed, as long as the story line is as engaging and characters as interesting as the Original Trilogy. Scores has been great as well, so I look forward to hearing that.

The gameplay and combat seems to be really great I hear, which is good. Graphics is amazing, thanks to Frostbite 3. Voice acting has people on both sides, some say it's great, some say it's horrible... guess I'll have to experience that myself.

Anyone played a few hours already? What did you think?

I'll probably start playing as an Infiltrator/Sniper like always and gradually move out into other branches.

My ME3 full Adept playthrough is reaching its end now. I'm going through the Citadel DLC, meeting the last few people and throwing that awesome party full of nostalgia and all that remains afterwards is attack the Cerberus base, and Earth. Adept has been pretty fun, so I might venture into a Biotic build in ME:A... hmmm... options.

Oh apparently the variety of build and customization is really great so there's a lot to look forward to that as well.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Still waiting on my copy to get here. I've heard mixed opinions on it so far, but given that some of the games had bumpy starts (the whole Citadel portion of ME1 for example) I'm still at hype factor 9.

Reactions: AstroSam

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Nice graphic cool effect, mm... clear what age group it's vented to... Nice But Naaa 3d person story book kids game.. just looks a lot better
and one more in a row off all the other... Not getting hyped at all.. rather disappointing to see so many just jumping the same wagon.
I for one only need one good space game and I already found it in Star Citizen.. ;) But njoy yourself ;)

CHEERS! :beers::beers::beer:

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I loved the character detail in ME 2 and 3. The characters in Andromeda look like a joke though. I bought the game but man I hope the facial animations and detail don't ruin it for me, or they fix it in a patch or something.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hmm my worries from earlier in the thread have resurfaced with a vengeance. This does not appear to be the mass effect I was hoping for!

I wanted something new, something different, something improved. This looks just the same as the last 3.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
honestly, from the let's play videos, the combat is massively improved. the animations are bad, in some cases, but most of the time, can be ignored.

I'm sure if you loved the original trilogy, you'll still love it, despite its flaws. Not like the originals didn't have any. I enjoyed all of them regardless.
The devs also confirmed they're looking into Character Creator and animations.

I'm pre-loaded and I can't wait to start it up Monday night.

Last edited:

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
im loving it despite the fact that the facial animations make me keep laughing.

Reactions: zeddie

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Screw this! I have just subscribed to EA Access ($30/year, even in CAD... where the dollar is super weak) so here goes!

(also downloading Battlefront while at it)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
88/100 is a strong score McKetten. I trust in your Viking beard......

..... yet maybe you've shaved it off again at the behest of a badly animated woman. Maybe I will trust in my beard, which remains dubious, and take your review with a pinch of salt after all!!!

Muhaha ;)

Forgot your password?