Mass Effect Andromeda

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Now that I've finished all the missions in the game, I can say for certain its 6/10 score.

Had some decent moments here and there, but overall I felt detached from whats happening around my character.
Almost none of the decisions matter, and even when they do, its clearly black and white for story progress.

Its like a game that has the Mass Effect name, but none of the features that made the previous versions great.
Like the challenging decisions that had to be made, which had devastating consequences.
Or the intense pressure one had to shoulder throughout the storyline.

And don't get me started on the character animations, they were so appalling I felt disconnected from my crew.
At the end of the game, I literally romanced no one lol.
Either because the lack of options as a male Ryder, or because I just didn't like some characters.
I hate Peebee so much, her personality annoyed the heck out of me.

The crafting system and inventory management was a disaster, I will leave it at there lol.

The only great aspect I experienced was the stunning environmental art, and good Tempest design.

This was just my personal perspective, and if you loved the game, then good for you.
However, I would still recommend buying the game for a play through, because its still worthwhile if your bored.
Just don't expect a masterpiece like the previous versions of Mass Effect, or some recent titles like Witcher 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5.

I was a fan of Bioware, having played the Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars the Old Republic titles. Now, not anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: FluffyVonRage

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Played 5-6 hours of it last night - and there's some really good parts, and some pretty bad parts. Story wise, i'm really enjoying it, however there's some definite gaps in polish - wooden voice acting and a lack of attention to detail in animation kinda took the shine off it for me. As dragon has said, crafting and inventory management are poor, with a definite feel of 'Fuck it, that'll do' - smells a lot like a certain developer wanted the game pushed out half polished & fuck the consequences. On the plus side, any ship or planetary wide shots etc look fantastic.

If you're in it for the story, no worries.

If you're after something as detailed and immersive as other contemporary titles, might have some issues.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I'll be re-installing Win10, tonight. Hopefully it will resolve the random freezing I've been having. It's especially bad when playing ME and I haven't hit a save-point and forget to quicksave and whoops! About 30min - 1hour of progress lost.

The next freeze can be 10 minute or 10 hours away, so it's best to just fix the issue before I continue with the game...

Joy.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've decided - no Mass Effect Andromeda for me! This was the game I've been most looking forward to over the last couple of years - and they ruined it by not making it absolutely outstanding.

I'm fed up of Lazy studios putting out unpolished turds. I voted with my money.

I am protesting. I've not bought loads of games recently because they appeared to be turds. No mans Sky, The Division, Doom, Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars Battlefront, Evolve, Battlefield Hardline. The list goes on.

Think of all that money I've saved on not buying sub par rushed out games!!!

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
I mean the real tragedy of this game is that Natalie Dormer is in the game but you cant romance her

All the asari faces also look like garbage!

I mean come on who can i romance as female ryder now?

Suvi?
PheeBee?

*furiously romances*

Reactions: FluffyVonRage

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy

Suvi?
PheeBee?

*furiously romances*
Suvi, PB, Vetra, and Liam I believe.

My save just clocked over 28 hours now. Eos is 100% viable, and Havarl is at 98%. There's still a few side quests to do to finish it up, and I can move onto Voeld. Currently level 22.

I really need a much better GPU. Running mostly high, with a few turned down to medium, and some parts I'm running 20-25fps...

I've been hesitating on if I want to buy an RX480, or wait for the Vega...
(am currently using an HD7970, not GHz version)

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I don't see where the hate is. They show what the game currently is, a mess :P
The fact that people can't get over looks, and just try enjoying the game play just goes to show how superficial everyone is. It is a fun and enjoyable game, the mechanics are good, and its pretty optimized. Star citizen doesnt have perfect animations, yet nobody in here is constantly hating on it.

TL;DR - get over yourselves you bunch of shallow Hals.

Hayase

Grand Admiral
Jul 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Hayasee
I ain't finished playing just yet, have 1 more quest to the end but so far is a 6/10 for me. probably wont play it again till they patch and fix a LOT of the issues. If you still haven't decide i recommend for you to wait till the patches and fixes before you buy it. Still is an ok way to entertain yourself till 3.0

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I mean the real tragedy of this game is that Natalie Dormer is in the game but you cant romance her

Suvi?
PheeBee?

*furiously romances*
YOU CAN'T ROMANCE THE DORMER?!!!!

*FURIOUSLY UNINSTALLS*

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest

Suvi?
PheeBee?

*furiously romances*
Yeah, I was interested in Suvi or Lexi.
But Lexi was just an extra it seems, and as a male Ryder, Suvi was blocked..

I ain't finished playing just yet, have 1 more quest to the end but so far is a 6/10 for me. probably wont play it again till they patch and fix a LOT of the issues. If you still haven't decide i recommend for you to wait till the patches and fixes before you buy it. Still is an ok way to entertain yourself till 3.0
That's good advice.

Indeed, there were quite a lot of bugs.
I've had invisible mobs attack me, fell through the floor, mobs stuck in rocks and floating.
I've had my camera 15% of the time, facing somewhere random during conversations.
Had my crewmates bug out on me, doing a T shape and clogging up my screen.
Even lighting issues and screen flickering.
My GTX 980 isn't that bad, Cmon lol.

In the ending battle, I almost fell out of my chair laughing, when Ryder was trying to activate a console making a retard face and sound.
Now I'm just shocked how Bioware could pass on that.

And during the end of battle victory conversations, I had Vetra doing T shape, and her butt covering half my screen..
So much disappointment.

To be honest, I don't think ME:A has any replay value.
All the missions will be the same, just a slight different outcome, which doesn't really matter overall.

The combat is quite fun though, so I guess multiplayer APEX missions are something to continue.

Reactions: BUTUZ

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
And during the end of battle victory conversations, I had Vetra doing T shape, and her butt covering half my screen..
So much disappointment.
I dont see the disappointment in that. Lol.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Star citizen doesnt have perfect animations, yet nobody in here is constantly hating on it.

TL;DR - get over yourselves you bunch of shallow Hals.
Yeah sure. Try to pull the Star Citizen recourse to make your point. But it's a bad way to do it since you are comparing a game in Alfa state with a full released game at 70€ ;)
Try harder please

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Yeah sure. Try to pull the Star Citizen recourse to make your point. But it's a bad way to do it since you are comparing a game in Alfa state with a full released game at 70€ ;)
Try harder please
Its not a matter of trying harder, its a matter of having the slightest bit of tolerance for a game which you people do not. I enjoy the game for the game-play, and if you all can't enjoy it just because of some animations, maybe you should pick another hobby.

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Its not a matter of trying harder, its a matter of having the slightest bit of tolerance for a game which you people do not. I enjoy the game for the game-play, and if you all can't enjoy it just because of some animations, maybe you should pick another hobby.
I enjoy the game play.

I don't enjoy paying £60 for an RPG that periodically kills my immersion with bugs that should have been picked up in the testing pass.

It's a lot like paying for a brand new car, only to find out the seatbelts don't work, and nor do the windscreen wipers.
Sure, they're not essential, but they are part of what you expect when you buy a car.

Reactions: Gearen

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Yeah, because the animations are the only problem of the game.....

Forgot your password?