May I make an application for the Official TEST Sport?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I saw a clip of Darts in the UK from the mid 80's and it seems to tick all the boxes for what could be the official TEST Sport...?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34i4m4rKiRg

Booze (lots of) active (not much though) athleticism (not required) and plenty of confused excitement over small achievements (one hundred and eiiiiiiiiggggghhhty!) it just seems like this is our spiritual sport?

There's also this excellent alternate rendition by comedians Smith and Jones which is in the best traditions of TEST, too:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SJnSmQCxkg

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I saw a clip of Darts in the UK from the mid 80's and it seems to tick all the boxes for what could be the official TEST Sport...?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34i4m4rKiRg

Booze (lots of) active (not much though) athleticism (not required) and plenty of confused excitement over small achievements (one hundred and eiiiiiiiiggggghhhty!) it just seems like this is our spiritual sport?

There's also this excellent alternate rendition by comedians Smith and Jones which is in the best traditions of TEST, too:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SJnSmQCxkg
That second video, that there is a documentary.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Thats not a bad shout!
I have on multiple occasions got the dart stuck in the mortar besides the board, so it's very fitting!
I'd also like to recommend snooker as the 2nd offocial sport of test. As long as you are not in camera, you can drink, smoke, it takes insanley long sometimes to.get anyring done, the rules are clear but no one remembers them, and it involves a ton of math and precision whcih non of us has so it would be a fair playing field.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That second video, that there is a documentary.
Accurate down to the last drop!

Thats not a bad shout!
I have on multiple occasions got the dart stuck in the mortar besides the board, so it's very fitting!
I'd also like to recommend snooker as the 2nd offocial sport of test. As long as you are not in camera, you can drink, smoke, it takes insanley long sometimes to.get anyring done, the rules are clear but no one remembers them, and it involves a ton of math and precision whcih non of us has so it would be a fair playing field.
Ahh, snoo-ker? Do you mean Pool played on the really big table? I always win at that one because my opponent always goes for red first and there is only one yellow on the table! Too easy!

(This is UK/European pool where the balls are red and yellow rather than solid and striped)
1721022829603.png
1721022879213.png

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Here I was thinking that the most TESTified sporting activities would be found in the competitions from the movie BEERFEST. Shows what little I know. Though, considering how many of us there are, as well as how we're spread around the globe, we could initiate our own version & call it TESTfest.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Here I was thinking that the most TESTified sporting activities would be found in the competitions from the movie BEERFEST. Shows what little I know. Though, considering how many of us there are, as well as how we're spread around the globe, we could initiate our own version & call it TESTfest.
I know not of this movie, is it A) SFW and 2) clips available you can share with us? :glorious:

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Most places would consider it NSFW. It was made by the same people that did the Supertroopers movies if that helps. As for clips, here's a few I can find on YouTube:

Lol, sir you are highly cultured and well travelled.

I like the disclaimer at the end of the first one "Any resemblance is purely coincidental and frankly quite sad."

Forgot your password?