McHale's Navy after 2021 IAE

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
For sure you can't mine with those ;) and your fleet is more fight oriented. But you can pew pew, hunt, do a bit of cargo, drop ship, hauling stuff, bombing, plus extra with MSR. Not a big do it all fleet but you have almost all fighter gameplay covered. Very efficient.
Thanks. :)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Ya, but that doesn't say much. In fact it does not quite define the sizes just also gives some examples. I think the community is going on a 313.1 update and a pile of guesses. Until CIG defines it, it would be helpful if we didn't read too much into it. Video link is here:

View: https://youtu.be/NTLpV4rAPLA?t=1349
I swear he specified Size 2 ships. Oh well. :)

Reactions: vahadar and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
That is the problem of not being native english for me lol, sometime I dont get it right, sorry @Vavrik 🍻 😅
Croyez-le ou non, je suis né en Lorraine, mais j'ai encore des difficultés avec un français de plus de 5 ans. er... that does not seem right...but maybe right enough to get the gist. I have difficulty with a 5 year old's French these days, so you're doing FAR better than me.

• Love
Reactions: vahadar

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think Richard is right to hesitate to guess about the Liberator, but CIG has said quite a bit about it--enough that Boredgamer makes it an open question whether the Lib is actually OP. I doubt it's that. I don't know why CIG has a thing against carriers that can carry medium ships. Inventing transport after transport that can carry small and not medium makes the medium ships the shortest range craft. The Vanguard doesn't seem to fit on the Kraken, Idris nor even the Bengal.

I will say though, I think the Lib is perfect for flying 3 Eclipse and 6 Razor EX for extended missions. With or without the wings 6 EX should fit inside, and suddenly their crappy range doesn't matter so much. Perfect to take on the Vanduul fighters with something that is faster and more agile than anything they have, and that offers stealth. Combined with Eclipse I think that may be even better than a rogue Polaris stalkiing the Vanduul transport lanes, but better still is both!

All the Vanduul deserve to die, Die, DIE!

I think there is room to store 6 EX near the rear door and dozens of S9 torps by the front door, where trac tors can easily grab them and load them on Eclipse outside.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I think Richard is right to hesitate to guess about the Liberator, but CIG has said quite a bit about it--enough that Boredgamer makes it an open question whether the Lib is actually OP. I doubt it's that. I don't know why CIG has a thing against carriers that can carry medium ships. Inventing transport after transport that can carry small and not medium makes the medium ships the shortest range craft. The Vanguard doesn't seem to fit on the Kraken, Idris nor even the Bengal.

I will say though, I think the Lib is perfect for flying 3 Eclipse and 6 Razor EX for extended missions. With or without the wings 6 EX should fit inside, and suddenly their crappy range doesn't matter so much. Perfect to take on the Vanduul fighters with something that is faster and more agile than anything they have, and that offers stealth. Combined with Eclipse I think that may be even better than a rogue Polaris stalkiing the Vanduul transport lanes, but better still is both!

All the Vanduul deserve to die, Die, DIE!

I think there is room to store 6 EX near the rear door and dozens of S9 torps by the front door, where trac tors can easily grab them and load them on Eclipse outside.
The two pads on the Port side of the Kraken are shown to carry Medium ships, which would include both the Cutlass and the Vanguard. The Javelin's pad is also shown as carrying a single medium ship.
The Kraken could carry our Dragonflys, Hawks, Sabres, her 325, my Eclipse and our Cutlasses. :)
I couldn't justify a Kraken though. LOL.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
And just for completeness this is our Combined Fleet.

Fly with a wingman. :)
Combined Fleet.jpg

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?