Meanwhile in EVE Valkyrie

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
1) The engine looks wonderful. I love the graphics.
2) The flight model looks terrible.
3) The different ship sizing in your view gives you a great sense of scale and I'd love that to be the case in Star Citizen when it comes out. Elite doesn't make me feel like that.
4) If they integrate this into EVE, not only Valkyrie, but EVE will fail with it. A capital pilot would never rely on someone else being their drones. The game mechanics will be ruined for everyone.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
wow nice. i will definately try that game. let's hope steam VR is out by then.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
EV is made for the console arcade crowd, who like big explosions, effects, not much depth and fast paced action without consequence and fast respawn.

Freaking hate engine trails.
Everyone can see you where you are and gun for you.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I think it looks cool, but something in the movement feels cheap to me

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Looks pretty cool, but I can't help but feel that the fighters don't really feel like they have much mass, you know?

The only worry I have is that, like Dust 514, CCP is going to try and cater to the PS4 crowd with the Morpheus (single 1080p screen), which has noticeably lower specs than either the Oculus Rift CV1 (single 1440p screen) or the Vive (dual 1080p screens). I hope that they learnt their lesson with Dust 514, that there are lots of EVE fans who don't have consoles.

To be fair, its not like the PS4 can actually render any modern games at 1080p 60FPS so I don't see why they would bother making the Morpheus higher quality than necessary.

There are so many rumors floating around about this too; it's a glorified tech demo for PS4 VR, it's a single player only game, it's going to be integrated 100% with the vanilla EVE universe, etc etc. There seems to be a very big lack of concrete information about Valkyrie.

Was there any news posted about Project Legion (PC rebranded/redone Dust 514)?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Looks neat, but reeks of "Me too!!!" as far as the first-person space sim revival goes. Probably too little, too late.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Apparently, you've never heard of a database migration. Square Enix, against all odds, pulled it off when they kicked out the old FFXIV 1.0 server infrastructure and back end, and replaced it with the new version that currently supports A Realm Reborn. And you know what? Nobody lost their character data. FFXIV: ARR is basically a completely new game engine, new server backend, all of it from scratch.

If CCP is going to continue to be afraid of losing everything by rebuilding their game completely from the ground up as a sequel to EVE Online, then they don't deserve to be involved in the MMO space.
That was sarcasm on my part, I don't really care if some basement dweller doesn't get to keep his look at me spaceship from game to game, especially if it's in the move to a true sequel.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hasn't Valkyrie been in dev for like, over a year? I thought it got announced back in march of last year for some oculus tech demo?
Yeah, they were pretty fast in getting early demos out with DK2 was coming out.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
After seeing this I fired up dust on my ps3. I have not played it since shortly after it was released. There is a war barge(farmville) mini game. I have now lost all respect for CCP, and have no hope for this game.

Reactions: Arrangingstars
Forgot your password?