Other Medical interest

What kinda medicating can you do?

• I don't have a "proper" medical ship, but I'd be willing to drive drunk TESTies to the hospital

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • I have a Cutlass Red or similar ambulance-type ship

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I have a Carrack or similar with its own small medical bay for person respawns

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • I have a Hope-class Endeavor or similar with a medbay and hangar for ship respawns

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

Havrek

Space Marshal
Sep 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Havrek
I'm not a Doctor and I don't play one on TV, but I do help them manage their businesses! I've watched them do enough procedure that a glass of Scotch can't fix. Sign me up to crew anyone's wambulance.

Crake

Admiral
Apr 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Crakez
As a former EMT and current RN I am interested in the medical aspects of SC; just not sure how involved it will be. I'm definitely willing to shuck drunk testies to the hangover bay as needed.

reddshift

Lieutenant
Sep 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Reddshift74
I'm a Corpsman in the Navy and I always try to play that medical support role when it's available. I'd try to contract out some medical services or do some rescue if the mechanic is nicely fleshed out. I have a Carrack, Terrapin, and a Polaris that could do the job.

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
Nice to see such a high level of interest. I look forward to shoveling corpses tending the wounded drunks with you all!

Under what group will SAR serve ?
Exploration or Combat.
What do you think ?
What does SAR stand for? Segmentation and Reassembly? Suspicious Activity Report? Species At Risk? ...are TESTies a species?

Are we endangered?!

[CONCERN]

...anyway. Assuming SAR somehow stands for our loose medical coalition, I would assume it would fall under Combat. The default state for TESTies is drunk alive; it would take combat to render that state changed. Thus we would be seen as a reactionary subcorps of Combat.

...Speedy Armed Revivals? Suspiciously Accurate Rescue? ...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Nice to see such a high level of interest. I look forward to shoveling corpses tending the wounded drunks with you all!

What does SAR stand for? Segmentation and Reassembly? Suspicious Activity Report? Species At Risk? ...are TESTies a species?

Are we endangered?!

[CONCERN]

...anyway. Assuming SAR somehow stands for our loose medical coalition, I would assume it would fall under Combat. The default state for TESTies is drunk alive; it would take combat to render that state changed. Thus we would be seen as a reactionary subcorps of Combat.

...Speedy Armed Revivals? Suspiciously Accurate Rescue? ...
Search and rescue? :)

Lockewood

Space Marshal
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lockewood
If I do ferry anyone to the hospital you will have to ride on the hood unless you're a sexy lady; then you can sit in my lap.

Digital_Angel

Lieutenant
Oct 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Digital_Angel
Plan on getting a Cutlass, but will probably be a Black for a general small cargo and multi-role ship instead of a Red. The Red might be interesting to add to my fleet at some point though.

Like a lot of people I keep looking at the Caterpillar as a larger multi-role cargo ship for my fleet, but they haven't given too much detail on what modules it will have yet. Once/if I get a Caterpillar, I might end up with a ship with a proper medical bay. If not then the Cutlass Red will be something I will look at more closely.

Aleph0Null

Grand Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Aleph0Null
I'm sticking to my Caterpillar, hopefully it will include the possibility to have repair module, and a autodoc module.

Digital_Angel

Lieutenant
Oct 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Digital_Angel
Picked up a Caterpillar on the sales. Modules will reconfigure some from time to time, but will definitely own at least 1 medical module and at least 1 salvage module and at least 2 for cargo. That will probably be my every day setup for it and at times go full cargo load out when I get jobs that need it. If I know where a major battle is going to occur, going in with a mix of nothing but medical and salvage modules afterwards to cleanup the area might happen as well (assuming the winning side is friendly and not going to shoot me out of the sky).

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
As per the last bits of information we got from Tony Zurovec, PU director, in his last interview on Subscribers' Town Hall, the medical profession is included in the larger Search & Rescue profession. So it's due for Alpha 3.3. There are also some cool examples of activities for SAR. WOOHOO!

Reactions: Amon Morell
Forgot your password?