Medrunners drama!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Eh, my only qualm with TEST is that we got 21660 cadets v 68 ensign. Kinda makes it seem like we don't actually have active members or something.
Think that first promotion should be basically anyone that's long term active / committed with TEST, like say, after hitting the thousandth forum post or something easily confirmable like that. And should be some alternative routes for people who don't post on forums, but show up at events all the time, though it's a bit more difficult to keep track of that.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Eh, my only qualm with TEST is that we got 21660 cadets v 68 ensign.
We dont use the RSI ranking system, it does nothing, has no purpose and makes no difference in the game right now.

When having a rank on the RSI site means something, we will start using it.

If it makes you feel better, I will just make everybody a cadet.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
We dont use the RSI ranking system, it does nothing, has no purpose and makes no difference in the game right now.

When having a rank on the RSI site means something, we will start using it.

If it makes you feel better, I will just make everybody a cadet.
Well, that seems to be a reasonable reason not to bother with the system, I just wasn't aware of it.

Still, even after any functionality gets tied to the system, it'll likely be just as customizable as the names of the ranks are, so I'd still advocate for the first rank-up to merely denote some sorta veterancy.
But I understand that that'll be something for the future, just wanted to share my two cents.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I love the idea they have, the propaganda they put out is top notch, but they deserve all the hate they get from what I've seen both around the net and in game myself.

Sure, run your hardcore org in whatever way you want to, have rules that don't permit ppl to play solo or do anything other than what you allow them to.. yeah, you can be That kind of org. If some twelveyearolds enjoy being bullied around by some unemployed chinbeard with epeen issues, yeah why not... These kind of orgs will keep popping up and dying in a year or two, it's just the natural cycle of things.

The real issue is their existence in the game is currently 99% pointless, unless they can force you as a random player, to play the game by their rules. Note the important word: FORCE you. If our dearest leader @Montoya would have read the comments he pointed out in their fullest, it would have been obvious that this org bullies other non-member players just so they can justify their existence and have something to do!
They actively try to stop random players from doing med missions or to even wear medic themed (red and white) armor (I have actually seen this in chat), and they actively harass people who have a med beacon up to only accept their help and wait for them to show up, which can take over 30+ minutes while a bunch of other random players may be only 2 minutes away... and the list of problems goes on. There is good reason why the pay2dollars scam looked totally believable. It is the kind of thing you would expect from such a guild who's main line of work currently is harassment.

tldr.: This guild cannot sort itself out because the premise they are built upon doesn't exist yet. They simply should not be a thing yet in this hardcore form.
As long as we can just respawn in 10 seconds flat with almost zero repercussions, they will have to bully and harass every player to abide by their rules or have nothing to do. They have to change their stance to a way more casual setup until meaningful death is implemented, or get wiped out.

The real solution to this "generic gameplay loop open to everyone VS the guild of selfentitled assholes who want to monopolize it" is to have an ingame med-corp set up by CIG that wannabe medics can join and have a centralized system so they can do their med missions without messing with anyone else. Wanna do med missions? Do an entry mission like you do for the other mission types like bounty hunting. Then you get access to the corp-board of med beacons. Let the med-beaconee set if they want to post their beacon on the global board or only on the private-med-corp board, this way your random non-med-corpo can still have the medic gameplay loops. That's it.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
But I understand that that'll be something for the future, just wanted to share my two cents.
That will be $2 please! :)

I think the obvious function for the ranking system will be permissions like using the Captains chair, or access to certain hangars which might have our big ships. We have to wait for the orgs 2.0.x updates any year now.

• Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This guild cannot sort itself out because the premise they are built upon doesn't exist yet. They simply should not be a thing yet in this hardcore form.
True, but as I said, they can take feedback and figure it out. If what they have planned is not working, try something different!

• o7
Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?