Melting and buy back

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Hey, I'm wondering something. if I melted my Carrack now as I might throw myself at one of the upcoming F5 wars, I will get back $600. My question is when I go back to buy it back with one of my tokens within a few days from now will it show the new cost of the Carrack at $720? I want to keep the Carrack but the store credit will give me a shot at 2 upcoming ships.

The new added cost wont break the bank but it will help me understand the mechanics of it and whether the buy back is always at the current market value and not just the cost at point of original purchase.

Reactions: vahadar

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There's a way you can tell: Go into your buybacks, and begin the buyback. It'll tell you how much it's going to cost. Just don't proceed past that until you want it back.

Reactions: Garonman

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
was this a standalone? if so then it will be the price it was at standalone. another option you can look into is maybe buying a CCUd version for much cheaper than 600. i myself have the old exploration pack.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
There's a way you can tell: Go into your buybacks, and begin the buyback. It'll tell you how much it's going to cost. Just don't proceed past that until you want it back.
I have a Redeemer for buy back at 300 but the current store price is 390. so it will stay at original price? I thought I saw something about price increase applied to buy back pledges but maybe I was wrong in understanding it?

Reactions: Vavrik

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
was this a standalone? if so then it will be the price it was at standalone. another option you can look into is maybe buying a CCUd version for much cheaper than 600. i myself have the old exploration pack.
It is a standalone yes from the ILW 2950 event

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I have a Redeemer for buy back at 300 but the current store price is 390. so it will stay at original price? I thought I saw something about price increase applied to buy back pledges but maybe I was wrong in understanding it?
I'm pretty sure that your buyback price is the price it gives you - always has been for me.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I'm pretty sure that your buyback price is the price it gives you - always has been for me.
This is great. It opens up more options in the closing days of the event as I want to get the Odyssey plus the Polaris and Phoenix on the RSI day. Though I realistically can only got for one as it is the F5 war

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Really? The Polaris and the Odyssey will be normal time limited purchase and not quantity limited?

This thread includes the table from CIG about which ships are on the quantity limited sales, and when. Polaris came off the list either last year, or the year before, don't remember. CCU's for it used to sell for high prices; guess CIG saw the market opportunity.

Odyssey is new last year, but didn't make the limited list. Positioned as a competitor to the Carrack it seems really unlikely that CIG will restrict it.

Phoenix is always limited but not as popular as the big guns. It has a bar, however, and therefore mandatory for TEST purposes.

Reactions: Vavrik and Garonman

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5

This thread includes the table from CIG about which ships are on the quantity limited sales, and when. Polaris came off the list either last year, or the year before, don't remember. CCU's for it used to sell for high prices; guess CIG saw the market opportunity.

Odyssey is new last year, but didn't make the limited list. Positioned as a competitor to the Carrack it seems really unlikely that CIG will restrict it.

Phoenix is always limited but not as popular as the big guns. It has a bar, however, and therefore mandatory for TEST purposes.
It has a bar, however, and therefore mandatory for TEST purposes.
And I shall be living up to the TEST badge I wear with pride by flying drunk in my new Phoenix

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Hey, I'm wondering something. if I melted my Carrack now as I might throw myself at one of the upcoming F5 wars, I will get back $600. My question is when I go back to buy it back with one of my tokens within a few days from now will it show the new cost of the Carrack at $720? I want to keep the Carrack but the store credit will give me a shot at 2 upcoming ships.

The new added cost wont break the bank but it will help me understand the mechanics of it and whether the buy back is always at the current market value and not just the cost at point of original purchase.
New cost of Carrack at 720?

The Carrack is having a price bump?

And no if the Carrack has a price bump, your Carrack in buyback will still be valued 600

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I'm sure you already figured this out @vahadar, but the Carrack didn't get a price bump. It is still USD $600 melt value. It's only USD $720 with 20% sales tax:
1669202098396.png

But yes, if melted, it will be worth its $600. You paid the sales tax already, CIG in turn paid that to the tax authorities, and CIG won't give it back to you when you melt your ship. But if you buy the ship back, you also don't have to pay that tax a second time.

Attachments

Forgot your password?