Memorial Day - Thanks for your service.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
@Amon Morell if your country has some type of rememberance day i would celebrate that also. we are not here to hate each other we are here to love and respect each other. There will always be actions counties do that others wont agree with and there will always be people from each country which do bad things. You shouldnt judge a nationality by its 1%.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.

I understand if you don't like the USA, but to be tolerant of each other is to leave some things unsaid. There are no countries without blood on their hands.

There was a young Petty Officer by the name of Brian Weaver, VFA-195, who went out to Operation Desert Storm and didn't make it back. I feel sorry for his family, to lose a young son liberating the Kuwaitis from Iraq.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I read a question from last year where @Amon Morell asked what we celebrate. Memorial Day for me not just about Remember those who have served, but it is also paying respect to those who have and continue to serve. Military service is a selfless commitment to ones nation, our solders do not have the luxury of questioning our president. Regardless of their political affiliations or beliefs a solider carries out a Presidents orders regardless, placing their lives on the line. We, the citizens of this country live under the blanket of their protection, enjoying the freedoms and rights to speak up against the very government the serve. We all need to remember, under the eyes of the US Military, we are all one people, we are all Americans.

Thank You to all who serve and to all who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Jokyr

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Jokyr
To me Memorial Day is a day that I think of all the brothers and sisters whom I served with, those who left the service, those that continue to serve, and those who have fallen. All three groups are people that I consider to be family and some of the best people on the planet.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I might not be American so I thank all who served, serve and plan to server their country.
Also thank you @CosmicTrader I did 2 year service in my country in 1980- and on standby for U.N. a year, never got called in but was damn ready for it if I had to.

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
A drink for those who are no longer with us. This morning, it's coffee. Tonight, it will be whiskey.

The list grows longer each year. There are no politics in this thought, no borders. It is a remembering that some who act as a shield to others, are carried home.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Sorry for asking....What do you celebrate ?
In the US, Armed Services Day we celebrate those who serve in uniform. Veterans Day we celebrate those who used to serve in uniform. Memorial Day we memorialize those who never made it out of uniform.

It's confusing because many people are happy to thank those who served on Memorial Day, but the point of the day is to memorialize those who can't hear our thanks.

1622481530948.png

1622481411480.png

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
To those who came before me and showed me the path, to those who walked beside me and helped me along my path, and to those who followed behind me and never made it off the path, I remember you, I remember you all, and I'll make sure while there is still air in my lungs and voice to be heard I will always tell your story to those who will pause and listen.

View: https://youtu.be/9V2rReNhNYA?t=39

Last edited:
Forgot your password?