Mercury Shape Change

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I heared some people talking about the mercury has changed shape at the front but then i see a tweet from Fleetyards that shows its more than just the Double chin under the cockpit.

20200516_125002.png
20200516_124958.png
20200516_124955.png

Middle engine is gone, the wingspan seems shorter and the overall length looks as lot more "compact".
Screenshot_20200516_125632.jpg

Paul Jones response kind of indicates it is probably not just a mockup too.
I like the new shape (if it is real)
Thoughts?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think that the Vladimir in that tweet is a bit picky to call the ship fat. I'd say that these shots of the MSR are rather PHAT instead. I thought that it was always supposed to be somewhere between a cutlass & Connie in size to keep it small enough to get into places to scan for info undetected, but still have about the same cargo hauling capability of 1 of the Connies.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
These look like concept drawings to me, nothing at all like the whitebox images we have been shown.

Paul tends heavily toward the British understatement.. my guess is he's asking internally to see who leaked the art, or was hacked. Given that they are working from home it's not unreasonable at all that someone has gotten into at least one of their computers. We are seeing a huge influx of such attacks at my work with so many stuck at home.

It's one thing to protect an internal network. But the difficulty goes up exponentially when outside that network, and becomes a minefield if the work computer is used to access non-work content via a home router.

One particular experience that I use to teach with, was a bookkeeper who was in the habit of checking her Hotmail while logged into the finance server. Any guesses how that worked out?

Dibs

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2020
RSI Handle
Dibrusko
I think those are leaked holoviewer models from the Fleet Week event.
Yeah the holoviewer model does look like that "leak". The fleetweek one does indeed have the larger section under the cockpit. Who knows what it means, might mean more extensive "secret" areas. hard to say, but looks like we might be losing some cockpit visibility. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/g76xnures00nkr/source/Invictus-Promo-Poster-V12.jpg
View: https://i.imgur.com/yoCfuZr.png

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
If Paul is asking where they got it, I see an account ban happening soon™
well i mean, considering it was data mined from the Open PTU, i dont see how they could ban someone, as everyone has access to the holo viewer files if you have downloaded the PTU, its just most people dont know how to open those files.

Forgot your password?