Mercury Star Runner looking good.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As somebody that was born at the end of the 70's, I have long since joked that the 60's & 70's had it right when the called it a cockpit while having sexy stewardesses taking care of the flight crew as well as the patrons. Those were definitely times when "flying the FRIENDLY skies" was definitely done right.

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty
Crusader is love. Crusader is life.
...except for the Genesis Starliner, that thing can die in a fire.
I refuse to serve drinks to NPC's in a space sim...
*Glances at his 890 Jump*
...unless they are extremely wealthy of course.

Reference for Transport Career from 2015: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14804-Design-Notes-Civilian-Passenger-Transport
The Genesis is a NPC money maker.

You hire a crew to run it and make the money from the NPCs that have to go from planet to planet. kinda like a set it and forget it.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I'm really struggling with myself. Should I sacrifice my Spaceturtle to ccu to this even though I have a Herald which serves the same purpose? I really like the Terrapin aesthetically. I just can't find a definite purpose for it in my fleet. I'm holding on to a 5$ upgrade in my account to the Mercury. Just can't make myself apply it yet...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm really struggling with myself. Should I sacrifice my Spaceturtle to ccu to this even though I have a Herald which serves the same purpose? I really like the Terrapin aesthetically. I just can't find a definite purpose for it in my fleet. I'm holding on to a 5$ upgrade in my account to the Mercury. Just can't make myself apply it yet...
Do it! You get so much more for that 5 dollars!

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
I read that as "save my penises for my ship" and I was like, Jesus Vav, how many do you have?

Lol, what's a "time"?
Now my baby boy is here , I haven't had the time to play the last couple of patches for more that a couple of minutes. Still have to make time for the star runner when it's finally here though!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Now my baby boy is here , I haven't had the time to play the last couple of patches for more that a couple of minutes. Still have to make time for the star runner when it's finally here though!
I feel you brother. And guess what? The time you do have for things other than child and family will constantly dwindle. My little guy will be 5 next week, and we spend so much time together. I used to lament not being able to geek out like I used to, but that feeling fades. Family is life. Enjoy every moment brother.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
I feel you brother. And guess what? The time you do have for things other than child and family will constantly dwindle. My little guy will be 5 next week, and we spend so much time together. I used to lament not being able to geek out like I used to, but that feeling fades. Family is life. Enjoy every moment brother.
Oh I am enjoying it very much, I'm looking forward to the day he can hopefully geek out with me!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My suggestion is to wait until the Anniversary sale, then CCU your Herald to a Terrapin, then that to the Mercury StarRunner. Since the H & MSR can provide the same data work, but the H can't run any cargo or any of the extra things the MSR can. Which then spares your space turtle. While I liked my space tortoise in my Exploration pack, I upgraded it to a Polaris. I might CCU something else up to a new turtle later.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
My suggestion is to wait until the Anniversary sale, then CCU your Herald to a Terrapin, then that to the Mercury StarRunner. Since the H & MSR can provide the same data work, but the H can't run any cargo or any of the extra things the MSR can. Which then spares your space turtle. While I liked my space tortoise in my Exploration pack, I upgraded it to a Polaris. I might CCU something else up to a new turtle later.
I was going to say keep the turtle and dump the Herald for a StarRunner is the way to go. Glad I am not the only one thinking this.

Forgot your password?