MineCraft server (Poll)

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Well since we all stuck in qurantine and looks like it won't go away for a long while.
Was wondering how many people would be interested in Minecraft?

Was thinking about starting a RLCraft server, it's basically a hardcore mode with tons of other optional mods already added in.

Got a spare server I might as well use it right?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I like Minecraft. I can't be arsed with all that modding and texture packing though.

In absence of any poll as indicated in the thread title, here, use this:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I like Minecraft. I can't be arsed with all that modding and texture packing though.

Ive got good plugins for minecraft for servers such as ItemsADDR which lets you make your own items and put them in the game as new items.(this is really unheard for servers its easy to do for local gameplay but not servers.) I never did get good at it though alot of fun. there is some other really cool software out there that uses"Voxels" good for making unique trees and landscaping on large scales. Another Super cool tool is worldpainter. that program is super powerful and lets you pretty much design a world exactly how you want it on a large scale. the mines i make are freaken rediculas.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
ooh, i didnt see this thread
...ill just copy what i said on discord :p
if we did a java server i'd be up for it
i'd definitely prefer to play on the latest version, so it's probably better we do vanilla
i dont mind mods but i know most arent available after whichever version

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs

Hence why I only ever ran MC server with server side mods. This removed the need for client side addins.

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Ive got good plugins for minecraft for servers such as ItemsADDR which lets you make your own items and put them in the game as new items.(this is really unheard for servers its easy to do for local gameplay but not servers.) I never did get good at it though alot of fun. there is some other really cool software out there that uses"Voxels" good for making unique trees and landscaping on large scales. Another Super cool tool is worldpainter. that program is super powerful and lets you pretty much design a world exactly how you want it on a large scale. the mines i make are freaken rediculas.
If I recall right, voxel is something that came after worldedit and you can use it on a multiplayer server.

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
If I recall right, voxel is something that came after worldedit and you can use it on a multiplayer server.
You can use Worldedit on servers also these days normally people start with world painter or another mass world generator then they use Voxel to make cool assets to have put in and use voxel to carve in unique structures quickly. its pretty much like having a really complicated paintbrush in minecraft. People are VERY talented.

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
If @diskawrs doesn't want to anymore, I could set up a Minecraft Server with MC Eternal (new kitchen sink pack with quests) with 6 slots. Alternatively Project Ozone 3. Let me know if there is any interest.

Edit: Server would be located in EU West btw.

Last edited:

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I'm just waiting for a java server, any server, as long as its survival based. I just don't have bedrock edition atm, but i might get it down the line. I was playing RLcraft with some friends recently and loved it, but my buddy was running the server off of his desktop and he lost interest and didnt keep it open. Just PM me an IP or post it somewhere if you're okay with it. The sooner the better! I've been so impatient.

Reactions: Sraika

Georgous

Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2020
RSI Handle
Georgousisme
Really like the idea of a modded java server! vanilla is fun but once you hit a certain limit of progression there’s not much to do while on modded there’s much more

Reactions: Sraika
Forgot your password?