Mining Guide Updates Blog

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well, @Black Sunder, you have covered just about all the bases above. I can't think of anything specific right now that needs to be mentioned that you don't have a title that would include it. That's got to be a hell of a lot of writing too. I would say start with that, and see what comes out of the wash. I don't think for a minute that CIG is finished with mining either, so there are going to be tweeks, alterations, and stuff like that that will need updates as the game progresses.

EDIT: Something I thought of just now - it might be easier to demonstrate than to write everything. A video or something, and for that you have a lot of Rock Raiders that might be able to help.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well, @Black Sunder, you have covered just about all the bases above. I can't think of anything specific right now that needs to be mentioned that you don't have a title that would include it. That's got to be a hell of a lot of writing too. I would say start with that, and see what comes out of the wash. I don't think for a minute that CIG is finished with mining either, so there are going to be tweeks, alterations, and stuff like that that will need updates as the game progresses.

EDIT: Something I thought of just now - it might be easier to demonstrate than to write everything. A video or something, and for that you have a lot of Rock Raiders that might be able to help.
With @LoicFarris's help we're going to make a video version of the Guide.

Some thinking out loud for the Misc. Items section:

Upgrading the Personal Experience
Finding Home Base - What to look for​
Upgrading Ships - The Final Frontier​
Making the most out of Cargo Transfer Downtime - Unsure to add in 3.8
Armor Up - Wear to Mine - May add this later and move to FPM
Multi-Crew & Multi-Ship Mining Best Practices
Communication, Communication, Communication!​
Safer Returns - Avoiding Player Quantum Interdiction

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
That is perfect! I could help too with some of that, as long as nobody wants me to talk. My voice is still blown up.
We were going to do one for 3.7 but its so late for it and 3.8 will change everything so its not worth the effort.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris

The more important question is... does the snooty, monocle wearing Loic Farris, make a return with this top-hat and and fake British accent. 😁

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

If you need more peps when making this let me know, I'll gladly help out and I got the ships.

CHEERS! 🍻

Reactions: Vavrik

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
A small update. The new introduction to the Guide is done. Some things were reordered. FPM is now first in the Guide with ship mining coming 2nd. A table of minerals has been added to denote what is most valuable and what.....isn't. FPM has been looked over and edited a bit(60 units of storage for the rucksack instead of 120). FPM hasn't changed this patch so that's been nice.

Ship Mining is next to write and oh boy has it changed.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

Done with Mining Heads and the ship mining mechanics sections. Moving on to miscellaneous items to Round the guide out. These are mostly 'fluff' and @Printimus hates it when I write that stuff. The only really serious one is the one about upgrading the ship to its maximum capability.

After these are written its Editing Time! And then we publish.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

So...yeah about that section on Upgrades. Its become a bit more involved than I expected and I'm still just on the Prospector and haven't even gotten to the Mole. Initially I thought "ok this will be quick to write'. Well no, its not quick to write and has become a bit more involved than I had planned because I'm not just putting a table out and saying 'upgrade to this, this, this. I'm explaining why backed up by a few stats.

This may just become its own Guide. Don't know. If it does become its own thing, that means that the Mining Guide itself is now almsot done and ready for editing.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant

So...yeah about that section on Upgrades. Its become a bit more involved than I expected and I'm still just on the Prospector and haven't even gotten to the Mole. Initially I thought "ok this will be quick to write'. Well no, its not quick to write and has become a bit more involved than I had planned because I'm not just putting a table out and saying 'upgrade to this, this, this. I'm explaining why backed up by a few stats.

This may just become its own Guide. Don't know.
Work harder sunder, we dont pay you to sit around and twiddle your thumbs!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Cut out the upgrades and make it a separate guide. Then you can also talk about the various coolers, power plants, quantum drives, and shields too. Let me know what I can do to help out

Forgot your password?