Mining Head information

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
You're got the math correct.

I have encountered rocks(very rare) that could not be cracked by a Helix. These usually have 4-5 different minerals inside of them and while the rock may have only been a 6K mass or so rock with 'low' resistance it still took 2 full power helix heads to break it. Why? I don't have any proof but I suspect that each mineral inside the rock has a specific resistance factor to it. Combined with the overall mass of the rock the laser sometimes won't make a dent unless you bring a 2nd
I haven't even upgraded the first laser on the Mole yet, haven't had enough time in the game and most of my time has been spent trying to figure out what's up with my T16000M. It often spins my ship counterclockwise when I'm turning to the right. I thought it was a game problem, but no it's actually getting the signal to rotate from the hardware.
It doesn't help that I had to hunt all day yesterday for a philips screwdriver. I'm not sure if I'd get more mileage from upgrading the joystick, or the kid that keeps borrowing tools and not putting them back.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I haven't even upgraded the first laser on the Mole yet, haven't had enough time in the game and most of my time has been spent trying to figure out what's up with my T16000M. It often spins my ship counterclockwise when I'm turning to the right. I thought it was a game problem, but no it's actually getting the signal to rotate from the hardware.
It doesn't help that I had to hunt all day yesterday for a philips screwdriver. I'm not sure if I'd get more mileage from upgrading the joystick, or the kid that keeps borrowing tools and not putting them back.
Buy the kid a starter set of hand tools. It's tempting to give him/her yours, but giving them a full set of sockets isn't that expensive, and you can use it to teach responsibility. Make sure it comes in a nice case where everything can be organized and they can see what they have and are missing

second, no matter how tempting it is, don't use their tools...and don't let them use yours. If you need something, get it from the hardware store. If they need a new tool, they can buy it from the store or wait for a birthday/christmas/other special occasion. If the tool breaks during normal use (but not misuse), then you can help them with getting a replacement.

If they lose a part, have a system in place that either they buy it with their own money, or they do a certain amount of chores around the house to earn the money they need to replace it. Suddenly, they don't lose as many tools.

best of all, when they leave the house and start off on their adult life, they will have almost a full set of tools to take with them. That's a huge leg up. You can also foist off on them any power tools you want to get a new of for yourself at that time.

It helps to get them a different brand than yours. So if you have Craftsman, get them a Kobalt set. If you have Kobalt, get them Craftsman, or the brand home depot sells. That way if you see a craftsman socket in their box, it's easy to take it back as it's clearly yours.

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza
Forgot your password?