Misc Hull Sale Today

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I got a Hull C......and I don't feel good about any of these ships and I can hardly express why. Its just a gut feeling. I feel they have almost completely gutted the cargo transport role for any other ships except the MM and maybe Starfarer and even then they got their cut so much because of the Cargo SCU=Current/4.

For looks...I'm not feeling it. The front and back look very MISC but the middle when the spindle is deployed.....not liking it. Tbh I was expecting large bulk freighters of increasing size that you wouldn't see the cargo pods in full view on the outside but instead a large bay area to put it all with doors on the sides that open for loading and unloading.

There go our Hull E Greycat races....

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I got a Hull C......and I don't feel good about any of these ships and I can hardly express why. Its just a gut feeling. I feel they have almost completely gutted the cargo transport role for any other ships except the MM and maybe Starfarer and even then they got their cut so much because of the Cargo SCU=Current/4.

For looks...I'm not feeling it. The front and back look very MISC but the middle when the spindle is deployed.....not liking it. Tbh I was expecting large bulk freighters of increasing size that you wouldn't see the cargo pods in full view on the outside but instead a large bay area to put it all with doors on the sides that open for loading and unloading.

There go our Hull E Greycat races....
Agreed. I'm not saying I don't get why they did it, exposed pods greatly simplifies load/unloading, and it's much cheaper to not have to build a containing space frame. But I still was envisioning massive closed cargo whales.

Reactions: rogesh

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
which is the biggest ship that can negotiate the smallest jump portals?

Rabidsponge

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Khlutz
Got myself an A and B to CCU into a freelancer MAX with LTI/ Banu MM (if it every comes back on sale). Keeping my Hull E :)

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
A 40`x 8`x 9`shipping container weighs around 10 to 15 thousand lbs. empty. I see where they are trying to go, but that`s a lot of dead weight.
think about this now, every container on a hull c loaded with styrofoam cups. yes you filled all the cube space, but the box holding it has 10 times the mass. I don`t think they thought about that. dose the box have mass in game, if it dose it will be so heavy the damn thing will not move, less the cargo is styrofoam cups. lol oh just for you non truck drivers out there, the box I`m referring to is the container. not the box holding the cups. :p

Last edited:

October

Space Marshal
Mar 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Timestop
Hull B and E looks great,Hull C is a sweet point in military equipment.

Hull B VS Hull A,price increaced 50%,and cargo increaced 700%,excellent!
Hull E VS Hull D,price increaced 57%,and cargo increaced 611%,cool!

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
I do like the look of these, particularly the cabs. That said, even though I was betting on some kind of framework shape to attach boxes to, I was hoping for effectively huge 'fuckoff' cargo bays with massive hangar doors and a cab on the front/top, so I'm a touch dissapointed.
I think I'll be picking up a B though as my alternative would be a Caterpillar which I love but 1 crew compared to 5 isn't a discussion to me.
I'll be waiting for the ship talk first though, just cos.

Reactions: RipVanDan
Forgot your password?