Mission Payouts

MerlinCH65

Captain
Jul 4, 2017
RSI Handle
MerlinCH
Hello Gents!
So - with 3.2 PTU now accessible (love it - really!! it's a blast aside the topic I will mention now ;-), I decided to check on the current mission payouts.

Now, if we base ourselves on this thread:

https://testsquadron.com/threads/estimated-ship-prices-in-uec-based-on-rsi-estimates-nov-2016.9415/

and we make the assumption that it should be possible to aquire a cutlass black for the "average gamer" within - roughly - a month, then - well - it has to change quite a bit...

I made a quick calculation with this result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg9mv3gntvpork6/required payout.png?dl=0

So - if my calculations are more or less accurate, the current payouts are about 6 times too low.

What I don't understand well here is: why are the payouts still so low? I understand we are in Alpha etc. etc. - but I mean come on - we have prices for weapons, armour and components etc. out in the verse - would it be too difficult to put a multiplier or something in order to aligne a little bit the payouts and the costs?

How do you feel about this?

Merlin

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
While I agree that current returns on missions, trading, and mining feel exceedingly low, I keep reminding myself that these are all within a single basic planetary system. Due to this these are expected to be low risk with low reward. We won't start to get a real feel for it until at least two more planets, and their orbiting bodies, are added, and the real profits won't be seen until after multiple solar systems are implemented.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
The market will very likely be balanced based on an aUEC / time spent ratio for the average gamer.

I would assume end game level jobs/professions will pay more (e.g. a Hull E / Orion / Reclaimer fully loaded will probably make more per hour than their starter counterparts).

For now, I really see no issue, since ALL of the missions are starter level. I would expect that as development continues, more difficult and lucrative missions will become available, ramping up your aUEC / hour and allowing you to work your way up to that cutlass/prospector/vulture/Vulcan without having to grind for hours and hours fetching boxes.

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
the price on trading is not that bad imo.

Trading is based upon the ability to transfer a big amount of goods and a payout of 8% your cargo can be great if you use the appropriate ship and have the correct funding to start.

Trading with my avenger give a little reward but with a ship that offer more CUs that reward can be realy improved.

But i agree the other mission payout is still fairly to low

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
You all are aware it's not a game .... YET! of cause you all are right ha ha ha....

Alpha and all testing is what focus is on, then you're gonna be just fine for now...

So currency, rewards, payouts etc... are just there to see that it work not to make you rich....
So the prices might not be all accurate or balanced at all and but there is no need for it to be when testing function.. :smile:

Nothing you buy in game with aUEC is yours you do not get to keep it.

It could be good to remember that :smile:

Every new patch reset any previous achievements any one made...

Might be good to remember this before going all out company style in game, for it is kind of a waste of time trying to earn to much or buy to much things since next patch it's all gone again... and you get to start over from scratch again...

(yes I know some time we get to keep things between patches)

But in the end last thing that gonna happen when game goes real live in the future ( LoL ) anything and all you done up to that day will be gone except that what you actually own as in .... Only thing you never loose is what is on your web hangar / account....

rest is just for testing to make it work right:smile:

CHEERS! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:
Forgot your password?