Modular Modular Modular

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This was my reply to the Magical Ship Voucher thread, however it got me thinking...

As the voucher ticket thingy is magical, I'd go for a pair of 350R, then melt them together in a hodgepodge way to have somthing a little like the duel fuselage mustang of WW2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_F-82_Twin_Mustang

In difference to the F82, I would join at the cargo area, so that I could access both pilot seats, and for good measure I would also add another pair of engine pods and another generator so it would make 8 engines in all.

It would all be about going as quickly as possible in a straight line. Being an Origin ship the factory would not do it themselves, it would be far too ugly so with the amount of 350R's written off and scrapped for replacement from the insurance, i should be able to get hold of the parts and fuselages...

Someone make this happen for me, please.
If everything really is as modular as we hope it is going to be, could the above actually be possible? As ships could be dockable the mechanic to combine hulls is almost complete anyway and who cares about some graphical clipping at the joining points if it gets you a unique, personal ship built to be what you want it to be...?

Also, and this is the more likely scenario, modularity: imagine an Aegis Retaliator with a quartet of Aegis Warlock Modules... If not, why not? same company, there is space in the hull or outside on the hull.... Or a Connie with a Aurora LN seat, or a 300i with the pair of 350R engines. DO you think that swapping componants between ships in the same series could be possible?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This was my reply to the Magical Ship Voucher thread, however it got me thinking...

If everything really is as modular as we hope it is going to be, could the above actually be possible? As ships could be dockable the mechanic to combine hulls is almost complete anyway and who cares about some graphical clipping at the joining points if it gets you a unique, personal ship built to be what you want it to be...?

Also, and this is the more likely scenario, modularity: imagine an Aegis Retaliator with a quartet of Aegis Warlock Modules... If not, why not? same company, there is space in the hull or outside on the hull.... Or a Connie with a Aurora LN seat, or a 300i with the pair of 350R engines. DO you think that swapping componants between ships in the same series could be possible?
Better be. I wanna customize my shits! Er. ships

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

Not this modular no. The 350r rear engine compartment is different and would require chopping it in half and adding it on. That is alot more complicated than the modular system they discussed. Aegis EMP on retaliator has different lugs and dimensions which makes it need a custom mounting system. This would be tons of works on devs. Because why not it on a hornet or a cutlass or a gladius. If anything they will sell a emp for these ships. The ability to switch the aurora and connie seat i dont see either. The connie seat is mounted via the roof and is movable so you dont step on the hud. The aurora is mounted on the bottom and is not movable. The again where does the possibility end? Hornet with aurora seat, warlock emp in the turret, gladiud fuel tank on the wings?

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?