Montoya DESTROYS MassivelyOp's editors

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I really wish i could see the comments from that website as responses from montoya's review. I use to do Articles for MMORPG.com way way way back in they day when it first started and yeah montoya is right pretty much these guys get a free account as they are told to do a test and review of the game and write an article. some people really take their time and write good stuff other ones well they write stuff like that. Those comments are pretty much a google.com search without any real investigation it doesn't even seem they have tried to play the game especially after 3.0 came out and the holiday trailer that just came out for SQ42. Lastly they do not know anything about Chris Roberts previous successes and innovation in the game market. I got a line message yesterday from a friend who wasn't sure if he wanted to try out SC because people keep writing news that isn't actually news just rumors and half thought out statements.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
You were rational on that video and agreed on a point or two, all of your arguments were backed up with either evidence or logic so of course you destroyed them, because apparently the internet blogger websites and their employees(if you can call them that) don't care for logic, they want the instant page hits and don't care for the quality of their work, quality only brings in a handful of views, the current quality brings in a surge at once and then further surges as it spreads through various media sites thus increasing traffic and income.

Basically, they probably don't know what SC is but published that lot any way because $$$ matters more than being correct.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
@Montoya
If it is such an obscure website, what are you doing reading it?
You also appear to care about what an OBSCURE website has to say.
You probably also browse DS's sites multiple times a day.
Now that I think about it, you do hang out in RSI general chat a lot.
:laughing::innocent::astonished:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
So basically NONE of the games they collectively predicted to flop have actually flopped after their prediction. In fact, some of the games they've predicted to flop over the years did exactly the opposite.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I recognized some of the bylines

it appears to be an independent successor to massively.com, which was an AOL gaming site that folded

their coverage is broad but not deep

if they were knowledgeable about how development works they would see SC's progress differently

sadly, the writers appear as ignorant as the commenters

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Just now had time to actually watch this video.

On point Montoya. Those Jokers clearly get paid to talk about stuff they have no idea about.

The one thing I will mention is that it's literally impossible to make EVERYONE happy ALWAYS. No matter what you do, someone somewhere will not like it.

People like Massively OP and the unnamed troll (I refuse to give him name recognition but all SC fans can guess who he is) will consistently look to the tiny percentage of people who are not happy as proof that their opinions are indeed fact and the sky is falling.

Doing such a thing is insanity, but that won't stop them from doing it. Insane people don't know they're insane and they don't take well to people pointing it out to them.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
On point Montoya. Those Jokers clearly get paid to talk about stuff they have no idea about.
I would agree that 50% of it is that, but the other 50% is that the site is ad supported so it needs traffic.

Star Citizen has more people following it in alpha than most established games have player bases.

Writing about how terrible Star Citizen is going to flop is being done as an attempt to drive traffic.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Wait. . .I thought his nipples tingle when someone draws a penis.
Well, there's only one way to find out...

If I draw a penis and Montoyas nipples tingle, is this like Montoya Kryptonite?

Test 1)

8===D~~~

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Ill have to disagree with you on that.

Combat is Elite Dangerous is very much a rock-paper-scissors event.

Its a balance between shield, armor, offensive and defensive weapons, while balancing energy usage between engines, shields, and guns.

To a person on the outside with know knowledge of this, it may look pretty bland, but for ED players its a lot more interesting!

Eg if I build my ship to be shield heavy, you can strip my shields fast with laser weapons.

If you did not equip laser weapons, I will dominate you.

But if you did bring heavy lasers, my shields will be gone in a few seconds and you get to blow me up!

It gets a lot more complicated!
I am glad you enjoyed that game. I played like maybe 10 hours when the first expansion came out and got bored of it.

I like some things about it like general aesthetics, ship handling mechanics (controls, open the door, get the cargo, close the door), exploration side (which I did not played myself).

I could live with the flat systems (which were a bit annoying for me having to be constantly avoiding objects to travel from A to B), the ugly ships (yeah, I remember at least one from the original game), etc.

But that game AFAIS had so many fun crushing design flaws that eventually killed the fun for me:

* Rock Paper Scissors... really I are not experience this enough, but I would accept it if it is like (to say a number) +20% more performance vs the intended target (besides trading accuracy/whatever for much higher damage as , if more, no. I like more the battletech style of game design (one weapons more damage per hit but only one shot each X, this other spreads, this is energy so no ammo but instead generates ton of heat, sacrifice weapons to carry more cargo or have more armor or shields, etc, etc.).

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
i see shit like this , myfirst reaction is , don't feed the trolls , SC is Game Breaking . it's still in it's baby steps stage and sure thier are few things I disagree with . but it is showing a future for us all to explore ,

so fuck the Trolls ignore them , when you answer to their small mindess you simply pander to both of their braincells

EDIT : I'd like to add , it's friday and i'm pissed out of my head , so exscue the spelling .

Forgot your password?