Mouse and Keyboard players - Kill the Dead Zone

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi, I was just told of this in the PU and it has bought the flight handeling back to something actually workable for Mouse and keyboard:

Currently in patch 3.2 there is a HUGE dead zone around the aim sights which means you can move the cursor a good inch from the center of the screen until your ship starts to turn. This is crap for Mouse and Keyboard players using fixed weapons on their ships, as essentially you can't fine-tune your aim at all.

Go in to options, then controls, and scroll down to all the Mouse Options. In there there is an option called "Aim Sensitivity" with sliders for X and Y. This is the dead zone. Both sliders are set to "1" - the lower the number the bigger the zone. I have set both to "2" and now the dead zone is the size of that box that tells you which direction the ship is drifting in, which is a HUGE improvement.

Hope that helps, it's bought the game back to being playable instantly for me. I still suck arse in AC, but thats because it's only letting me spawn an Aurora MR and that things gets one/two-shot by the Sabers with 4x Omniskys.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Hi, I was just told of this in the PU and it has bought the flight handeling back to something actually workable for Mouse and keyboard:

Currently in patch 3.2 there is a HUGE dead zone around the aim sights which means you can move the cursor a good inch from the center of the screen until your ship starts to turn. This is crap for Mouse and Keyboard players using fixed weapons on their ships, as essentially you can't fine-tune your aim at all.

Go in to options, then controls, and scroll down to all the Mouse Options. In there there is an option called "Aim Sensitivity" with sliders for X and Y. This is the dead zone. Both sliders are set to "1" - the lower the number the bigger the zone. I have set both to "2" and now the dead zone is the size of that box that tells you which direction the ship is drifting in, which is a HUGE improvement.

Hope that helps, it's bought the game back to being playable instantly for me. I still suck arse in AC, but thats because it's only letting me spawn an Aurora MR and that things gets one/two-shot by the Sabers with 4x Omniskys.
Oh so that's why my aim was so crap! Thank you, great info!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?