My article on evgagaming.com PART 2 NOW!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
You have been holding back on us!

Writing on EVGA's gaming site?

Nice!

DiamondDogActual

Lieutenant
Sep 23, 2015
RSI Handle
DiamondDogActual
will read later once their site is back up

Edit: pretty good, some punctuation is needed in some spots, but it relays the confusion and excitement of being in a strange and foreign land very well

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
You have been holding back on us!

Writing on EVGA's gaming site?

Nice!
It's my first time writing, and to be honest I see so many mistakes.... time to get Microsoft word, wordpad isn't cutting it. If I can get my writing and reveiws enough reviews and do they do well, I could maybe get out of military and have a stable life for my family. All about that stability nowadays.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
will read later once their site is back up

Edit: pretty good, some punctuation is needed in some spots, but it relays the confusion and excitement of being in a strange and foreign land very well
Thanks! Right now the character is focused on the hopes of finding civilization. So writing everyday, is their way of staying in contact with that part of their world. You will start to notice a change subtly about the character. I took some queue's from Castaway and other real-world survivor journals.

Normally my writing goes: "Jump-monkey get on metal bird. Jump-monkey, jump from metal bird. Jump monkey hit ground, ground hard, me no like hit ground. Mountain-monkey shoot at jump-monkey, no like, jump-monkey shoot mountain-monkey. Stupid mountain-monkey he uses stupid Vodka/Oppressed-monkey gun, he also stupid. Jump-monkey find Freedom-monkey with many red water, jump-monkey put soft thing on freedom-monkey no more red water. Jump-monkey put freedom-monkey on new metal bird. Me hit pipes! Give jump-monkey more stripes?"

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Thanks you two! Any recommendations to make it better?
I would have mentioned grammar and the flow of it, but if you're shooting for realism in castaway journalism then I think it works pretty well.

Some stuff did feel a little clunky:
"some small reptilian bipedal lizard"
Seems like a lot of words to talk about something exciting and dangerous.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
I like your story telling of what it is like to be there. How about going deeper inside your thoughts?
Creative writing is a very tough thing to do. Everything flows from the description of your situation... Feelings, sights, and visualizations of colors will draw the reader in. I am not saying to assault the senses. Just to remember someone else is vying for your article space.
(LOL, no pressure)
Find your voice and all will fall into place
Keep up the good work. :)

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Are you still looking for feedback? I've got some comments, but I don't want to be nitpicky if you're not looking for feedback.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Wow, nice article man. :)

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Are you still looking for feedback? I've got some comments, but I don't want to be nitpicky if you're not looking for feedback.
Always. I am already on day 7 but can change things from 5 onward. 4 and 4 are locked and going to be published.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
"Rubbing them, I could not get the sensation of heat to dissipate from them" sounds a little clunky, I'm not sure if that's the castaway tone you're going for.

And later, when you mention the Dilophosaurus attacking again, you first just refer to it as a similar dino, but people who didn't read day 1 wouldn't know what you're referring to.

Other than that, I like it and I'm looking forward to more!

Forgot your password?