My current setup

JebediahParker

Grand Admiral
Nov 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Jebediah_Parker
So this is my current setup. Eventually I will switch to HOSAS but for now HOTAS is working fine and it is a bit more versatile for DCS and Flight Sim. The PC is a few years old and will probably get some upgrades soon. Yes, I have some cable management I need to do in the back there, I'll get around to it. lol

Alienware Aurora R7
Liquid Cooling
GTX 1080
32g RAM
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Alienware AW3420DW 1440p 120 MHz
Logitech X56 Rhino HOTAS
2 Fire 8 HDs running Gameglass
Tobii EyeTracker 5

The two cups on the windowsill: one's a spitter, one's a drinker. KNOW YOUR CUPS WHEN THINGS GET HECTIC!

20210227_163939.jpg

20210227_142341.jpg

JebediahParker

Grand Admiral
Nov 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Jebediah_Parker

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I like it, green or not.
I found a new desk and computer layout that I like, after a year of looking. Seller is Costco, first time I actually liked Costco furniture. The table looks a lot like yours, but has built in cable management, and USB power. I hope it will take care of some of the spaghetti storm I have right now.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
All full of AWSOME! It's so long since I've used a corded mouse I had no idea they've changed them so the cord comes out the top rather than the bottom?
Hehe 😆

Joke aside, G series from logitech is very good corded mouse. I'm using a similar one as Jebediah (mine is probably an older model from the look of his, i have a G402, 4 years of loyal duty already, and I dont really need more dpi).

JebediahParker

Grand Admiral
Nov 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Jebediah_Parker
Need to learn more about the game glass. What modules are you running?
I did the yearly sub for all of them but really just use flight on one and combat on the other. I stopped using wireless devices when I was doing MMO progression raids. Having something go dead and waste 24 team members' time is embarrassing. lol

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Nice setup, now look at it in a few more years, you never will be ready 😁

Yeah, try to find a yellow / black gaming chair, good luck. I found one, but that was too narrow, not suitable for rudder pedals, so I went for full yellow.
Really? It's that hard?
Guess I live in a region where that's the easiest bit lol
Here's a pic I just took of my local PC parts online shop, all.of em are in stock.
IMG_20210301_192007.jpg

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Nice setup, now look at it in a few more years, you never will be ready 😁

Yeah, try to find a yellow / black gaming chair, good luck. I found one, but that was too narrow, not suitable for rudder pedals, so I went for full yellow.
I thought you were a twin stick guy! Did you find a solution that requires two sticks and rudder pedals? I am still ambivalent over the need for a second stick, especially given I want to use the throttle moment by moment to conserve IR generation. It's hard to relegate the throttle to lesser status with that requirement. However, it does seem to me twin sticks ought to have an intuitive advantage over time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pGkORJhwdY

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I thought you were a twin stick guy! Did you find a solution that requires two sticks and rudder pedals? I am still ambivalent over the need for a second stick, especially given I want to use the throttle moment by moment to conserve IR generation. It's hard to relegate the throttle to lesser status with that requirement. However, it does seem to me twin sticks ought to have an intuitive advantage over time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pGkORJhwdY
Thrustmaster Warthog doesn't has twist. No twist is much better for your aim, so I bought rudder pedals. Now all movement is decoupled. Right: pitch / yaw, left vertical / lateral strafe, legs roll, feet speed.
When I upgraded my gimbals to Virpil WarBRD, I had a choice: also upgrade the grips or keep the Warthog grips, slaughtering my left grip and convert it to a real left hand grip. The plastic Virpil grips and the twist made that an easy choice. "Honey, where is my Dremel?

1614670475696.png

Ow, I still use my throttle, but not constantly. It depends on the situation, HOTAS or HOSAS

Last edited:
Forgot your password?