My experience at the Concierge event and cosplay

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner

A general review video of my experience at the concierge event and my cosplay.
No NDA's were harmed in the making of this video,
but because of the NDA I can't talk about any of the Q&A and personally asked questions during the event or the after party that I missed. So the video is completely worthless for those that want real answers.. lol sorry.
But getting signatures on my cosplay and talking with the devs was a ton of fun!
The take home swag bag was pretty cool too... but I really wanted one of those etched mugs!
And ofc represented TEST with a golden vinyl decal on my left shoulder! :D

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Looks like great fun. If I can make one suggestion, you need more test logos and yellow on your excellent costume!!!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

A general review video of my experience at the concierge event and my cosplay.
No NDA's were harmed in the making of this video,
but because of the NDA I can't talk about any of the Q&A and personally asked questions during the event or the after party that I missed. So the video is completely worthless for those that want real answers.. lol sorry.
But getting signatures on my cosplay and talking with the devs was a ton of fun!
The take home swag bag was pretty cool too... but I really wanted one of those etched mugs!
And ofc represented TEST with a golden vinyl decal on my left shoulder! :smile:

I see you got it done in time COOL!
AND....
WOW! the suits turned out looking FaaKING AWESOME!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Okay, so...
I really enjoyed talking and hanging out with the Devs... but other than that.. I didn't learn much of anything lol sorry... I was too busy laughing and having fun .... do you feel it?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
@DirectorGunner , I'm pretty sure it will not violate NDA for you to tell us what was the question you were able to ask as well as if it was answered in some manner. After all, you did ask us to provide potential questions for you to ask in case those you were going to ask were asked before you asked them. Also, I'm certain you saying yes or no to if it was answered without telling the answer breaks no NDA as if they answered, it could be anything including their typical "Soon"(tm).

On another note, you totally rocked that event in your cosplay & represented us right. Congrats & great job.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Looks like a great time how come you didnt make it to the after party?
My wife and son stayed at the hotel where our room's AC died, the process of getting a new room (they upgraded it) and transfering all our stuff (i brought a ton of tools and stuff incase there were problems with the costumes) it got really late, and by the time I had bought milk for my son and got back.. too tired, too late.

@DirectorGunner , I'm pretty sure it will not violate NDA for you to tell us what was the question you were able to ask as well as if it was answered in some manner. After all, you did ask us to provide potential questions for you to ask in case those you were going to ask were asked before you asked them. Also, I'm certain you saying yes or no to if it was answered without telling the answer breaks no NDA as if they answered, it could be anything including their typical "Soon"(tm).
On another note, you totally rocked that event in your cosplay & represented us right. Congrats & great job.
Thank you!
For the API question, it's exactly (more or less) an answer we've already heard.
No time right now
it's considered a mod feature
lots of great content made already by backers now without API access
and iirc yes (if they do.. do it) for things that would be commonly requested like ORG affiliate and ship status and location, etc.
All stuff they've already said before publicly in shows Disco Lando has covered like calling all devs.
Take that last part as hearsay because I was sitting in the back and my memory of words is not as good as memory of actions/events.

There's a question about film making I've wanted to ask Chris for years that I didn't get the opportunity to ask, but a friend asked for me at the after party but he suggested I not share as the answer was given by Chris when his guard was down.. so out of respect.. not gonna talk about it directly or in any kind of pseudo details (that's the massive edit I removed from my video.. I went on about it for like 4 minutes). But I completely sympathized with the answer and am super happy we're gonna have an AMAZING narrative in SQ42. That's the max as I should say about that I think.

There was a ton of other questions answered, but... I honestly don't remember most of them. I wasn't there as a reporter... was there to enjoy the event and have a great time. And... I did just that! :beer::beers::beer::tophat:

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
My wife and son stayed at the hotel where our room's AC died, the process of getting a new room (they upgraded it) and transfering all our stuff (i brought a ton of tools and stuff incase there were problems with the costumes) it got really late, and by the time I had bought milk for my son and got back.. too tired, too late.

Thank you!
For the API question, it's exactly (more or less) an answer we've already heard.
No time right now
and iirc yes (if they do.. do it) for things that would be commonly requested like ORG affiliate and ship status and location, etc.
All stuff they've already said before publicly in shows Disco Lando has covered like calling all devs.
Take that last part as hearsay because I was sitting in the back and my memory of words is not as good as memory of actions/events.

There's a question about film making I've wanted to ask Chris for years that I didn't get the opportunity to ask, but a friend asked for me at the after party but he suggested I not share as the answer was given by Chris when his guard was down.. so out of respect.. not gonna talk about it directly or in any kind of pseudo details (that's the massive edit I removed from my video.. I went on about it for like 4 minutes). But I completely sympathized with the answer and am super happy we're gonna have an AMAZING narrative in SQ42. That's the max as I should say about that I think.

There was a ton of other questions answered, but... I honestly don't remember most of them. I wasn't there as a reporter... was there to enjoy the event and have a great time. And... I did just that! :beer::beers::beer::tophat:
Family always comes first so i completely understand what you mean i have declined alot of events here for the same reason. I'm glad you had a great time if i had the money to fly out there i would have gone but i was looking at 2k in flight as it was and said i'll just catch some events when im back in the states eventually.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

Thank you!
No time right now

As somebody who has worked as management in the hotel industry in the past, technical difficulties such as you experienced are quite frustrating for everybody & always seem to happen at the worst possible time. I've got stories. lols

Family always comes first so i completely understand what you mean i have declined alot of events here for the same reason. I'm glad you had a great time if i had the money to fly out there i would have gone but i was looking at 2k in flight as it was and said i'll just catch some events when im back in the states eventually.
I agree with @Sirus7264 in that family always comes 1st & that if I'd been able to do so I'd been there as well. I'm happy that you had as great of a time as you seem to have had overall because you deserve it.

On another note based on your great video, I'm getting the feeling that if there were people potentially using the special coin for the sake of drinking games, then we might have more future TEST members there with you. Cheers! :beers:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
As somebody who has worked as management in the hotel industry in the past, technical difficulties such as you experienced are quite frustrating for everybody & always seem to happen at the worst possible time. I've got stories. lols

I agree with @Sirus7264 in that family always comes 1st & that if I'd been able to do so I'd been there as well. I'm happy that you had as great of a time as you seem to have had overall because you deserve it.

On another note based on your great video, I'm getting the feeling that if there were people potentially using the special coin for the sake of drinking games, then we might have more future TEST members there with you. Cheers! :beers:
Those coins are technically "Challenge coins" they have them in the navy its a navy kind of deal. The way the game works (at least in the navy is you put a command coin down and then the others who are there begin putting their coins down and whoever has the most coins wins(you dont show all of them just up until you win and the other guy either doesnt want to show any more of his coins or doesnt have any more) your prize is a free beer yum! Ive only got a couple command coins because im boring. i know some people who have like 30-40 of them as they collect them.

Here is a good explanation here.
https://www.cristaux.com/blog/challenge-coin-etiquette/

Edit: I made some minor mistakes at least to this site's rules ive been told more word of mouth by fellow sailors i havnt played the game before so i can't confirm. Ive got some guys at work who know better though i can confirm it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Those coins are technically "Challenge coins" they have them in the navy its a navy kind of deal. The way the game works (at least in the navy is you put a command coin down and then the others who are there begin putting their coins down and whoever has the most coins wins(you dont show all of them just up until you win and the other guy either doesnt want to show any more of his coins or doesnt have any more) your prize is a free beer yum! Ive only got a couple command coins because im boring. i know some people who have like 30-40 of them as they collect them.

Edit: I made some minor mistakes at least to this site's rules ive been told more word of mouth by fellow sailors i havnt played the game before so i can't confirm. Ive got some guys at work who know better though i can confirm it tomorrow.
Depends on the area I guess. My buddy Tally's SF unit has the tradition of carrying their coin and the last person to show it at the bar when it is called for has to buy a round. Challenge Coins are pretty ubiquitous in all branches.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

Silly me, I was thinking more along the lines of a fancy game of Quarters. LoL That would also be something to "Cheers!" about.

Forgot your password?