My Experience with ADI, Atlas Defense Industries.

randomalias

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2019
RSI Handle
random
Hello all. I would like to take the time to share my experiences with ADI. It was the early days of 2016. I was a recruiter charged with trying to get members vetted. I had to take down their Facebook information, as well as any LinkedIn accounts and to verify that they were not pirates and that they did not have affiliates. In those days we had to use really cool tools to collect information on the newest members and we would always try to convince them to join us. That was how I was introduced to the group as well. I figured, why not? I am new, and a big shiny org was inviting me. Boy was I wrong.

I was active, I wanted to learn everything I could about the game and I was trying my best. I soon "made" the rank of a recruiter. I have submitted an old task list as part of what I was expected to do as a recruiter as well as the retention text and Names listing that was due for a follow-up message.

Now what you should know about me is that I have always hated the leetist mind-set in any game. I always find that to be classist, tacky, and downright unfair to the game, and the gamers themselves. If you help people, we all win. ADI seems to seek control. I am going to show you how they plan to do that but first, let me share my experiences.

I objected to the idea of elitism. ADI wants to peg you into a corner. If you are not the best at something, you do not get to do that job as per their training system. I wanted to be a pilot. But it was a requirement to pass certain tests just to be a pilot. In my mind, that was insane. It should not matter if you are the best pilot in the world, or the worst, if it is what you do to have fun, it should be allowed and even taught, not banned from doing something during org operations. Then it happened.

I had an issue with the family. The father of my stepkids threw a bunch of false allegations at me and I was upset. I taught the kids about birds and bees because nobody else was (they were 16 and 17) and the drunk bastard tried to accuse me of being some perv. Point is, nobody wants their kids to have kids too early in life. I grew up without a father, I was sure as hell was not going to let my own kids do the same damn thing. I shared the events with Jay ***** aka JayC. A mistake.

A month later JayC threatened to release this information to the public because I challenged him on his leetist mindset. He leveraged personal information against me in an attempt to keep me in line. He threatened to "Make a few calls". For a game. For a fucking game. He threatened me and my family. For a game.

So let me tell you about the cash cow known as Omni Port. Omni Port is a real money company designed to rent ships out to other orgs. It's where ADI dumps all of their donations. See Omniport is a company, an org, and a character in SC. And it is how our boy Jay intends to make moola. Mr. *****, I hope you get your shit together.

Don't fuck with my family.

If you are with ADI right now, do yourself a favor. Either remove JayC. Or leave.

[EDIT BY MONTOYA: Removed what appears to be JayC's full name. OP, please do not post personal information]

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/OMNIPORT

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Imagine caring this much about pirates 3+ years before the game is out that you stalk their Facebook and LinkedIn ho-ley-fuck.

Also that Omniport is shady as fuck and wouldnt be surprised if CIG shut it down hard once it actually matters if they find out about it. Having an in game ship renting business is one thing, but once any real $ starts flying that's a whole other ballpark.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
ADI sucks. How can humans do this to one another?
The lines between IRL and the game can get blurry at times.

We take things pretty casually here in TEST, but there are plenty of other orgs that are dead serious and make little distinction between game and real life.

Nothing wrong with that, everybody is free to play and engage the way they want, but it comes with a cost.

In order to run a tight ship, ADI demands loyalty, which means giving them your personal information. It seems that they then use that as blackmail to make sure you stay in line.

Hey, if their members like and support that behavior, then good for them.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Little edit...

I was contacted by somebody...

Original post was made by "GunnyTX", but it seems that alias is an actual ADI member, who is NOT the person who wrote this.

OP, I have to change your name to something random, we prefer you do not impersonate others, but feel free to be anonymous.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
In a sandbox game like Star Citizen, I fully advocate use of any tools available in game to have fun and achieve your goals.

If that shit crosses into real you really have serious problem and should reevaluate your priorities in life.
Let me play devils advocate. If you join and org and they ask for your Facebook and Linkedin info... do you freely give it them to them?

Most people I know would nope out of an on-boarding interview for a guild or org at that point.

There are 6000 ADI members who like the fact that they have all their personal information, they must be aware that this thing is bound to happen right?

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
The only two things unacceptable in the OP, if they are true and done with malicious intent are:-
1.The threat to release the info about the OP and his family,
2. Impersonating other players. If you are going to criticise others in a public, tell us who you are, or I chose to give minimal or no weight to your allegation. (You could have given less details about your family incident to shield yourself)

Other than that how orgs organise themselves is a matter for them. A few months ago I joined some players in a gaming session and had a great few hours. They were part of an ORG and asked me to join, however I could only join if I left Test so I politely declined. No hard feelings on either side.

Forgot your password?