My hometown this weekend...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sorry this is happening in your city Sam. Stay safe my friend.

I apologize for my ignorance on the matter at hand, but what is the reasoning behind the rioting?
They're protesting the G20 summit. But this isn't protesting, this is lunacy. There are always people who take advantage of situations like these to riot or act like idiots. It's a crying shame really.

Reactions: StdDev and AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Honestly, I don't know and that is far beyond any understanding from my side. Its okay for me if people are protesting and/or demonstrating to bring their concerns and anxieties before public. But to use this for a kind of "do what you like and destroy and burn everything"...why? There is NOT A FUCKING SINGLE REASON to burn and destroy other peoples cars, habitation or even store. This is no war zone.
I'm embarrassed that this happened here in Germany and that we presented us to the 20 most powerful men of the world in this way. I'm ashamed, really really ashamed.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Honestly, I don't know and that is far beyond any understanding from my side. Its okay for me if people are protesting and/or demonstrating to bring their concerns and anxieties before public. But to use this for a kind of "do what you like and destroy and burn everything"...why? There is NOT A FUCKING SINGLE REASON to burn and destroy other peoples cars, habitation or even store. This is no war zone.
I'm embarrassed that this happened here in Germany and that we presented us to the 20 most powerful men of the world in this way. I'm ashamed, really really ashamed.
That's how I felt about the riots in Vancouver in 2011. Stupid. Petty little people doing stupid, petty little things. I was ashamed.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
No one has ever accused me of being good at expressing sympathy, but this comment does come from a place of sympathy. Do not be ashamed of behavior you are not a part of. Be angry that they have so little regard for the dignity of their fellow humans. Mind what they are demanding, and never ever give it to them.
Keep safe, Sam. Bravery is knowing things can get better, wisdom is knowing things can get worse.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
No one has ever accused me of being good at expressing sympathy, but this comment does come from a place of sympathy. Do not be ashamed of behavior you are not a part of. Be angry that they have so little regard for the dignity of their fellow humans. Mind what they are demanding, and never ever give it to them.
Keep safe, Sam. Bravery is knowing things can get better, wisdom is knowing things can get worse.
Well said my friend. Very well said.

Forgot your password?