My new i9 9900 build

CMDR_Deepsix

Space Marshal
Sep 8, 2017
RSI Handle
CMDR_Deepsix
I had been needing to upgrade for a while now and decided to pull the trigger with the release of the 9th gen Intels. The build starts with the i9 along with 32gb RAM, 2x 1tb M2 NVNE SSDs. The only thing I didn’t upgrade were the GPUs (currently 2x 980s SLI) as I wanted to see where the RTX cards go.

The new challenge for me was making this one liquid cooled as I’d never done that before. I went with 2x EK Coolstream 360 RADs, the EK Velocity waterblock for the CPU and EK waterblocks for the GPUs. The only thing not EK are the fittings (bitspower) and the hardline tubing (Thermaltake) as I could get them locally. Only one minor leak at startup which was fixed with replacing one o-ring.

Overall, very happy with the performance on the whole and love the low temps and silent operation with the watercooling.

Attachments

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Very nice. I am building an i9-9900 as well. Have to finish the fan cabinet that the computer sits on first but I have selected some of the same components you did. I went with 2 560 rads though. Am in no hurry tho, still waiting for the prices on motherboards and especially the cpu to stabilize at something near normal. I will have it done sometime next year.
Congrats on the great looking build.
Curious if you know your inlet and outlet temps with those rads?

Last edited:

CMDR_Deepsix

Space Marshal
Sep 8, 2017
RSI Handle
CMDR_Deepsix
Very nice. I am building an i9-9900 as well. Have to finish the fan cabinet that the computer sits on first but I have selected some of the same components you did. I went with 2 560 rads though. Am in no hurry tho, still waiting for the prices on motherboards and especially the cpu to stabilize at something near normal. I will have it done sometime next year.
Congrats on the great looking build.
Curious if you know your inlet and outlet temps with those rads?
It’s running about 40 to 42c at the inlet with a lite to moderate load. The output tends to be about 2 degrees cooler after going through both rads. I need to hit it with a heavy load and see how high the temp goes and then i’ll Have a better idea of how well the rads to. The greater to difference between the temp in the loop and the air in the room should show more than 2 degrees removed.

Reactions: Cool-Hand-Luke

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Because I only dive with the best 😎. In all seriousness, I love there stuff. I’ve been diving since 2002 and put in ~1,400 dives in everything from the tropics to under the ice and down to 220 feet and none of my ScubaPro gear has even so much as hiccuped.
I’m been really happy with my Zeagle stuff. No issues in cold water, love their BCD’s.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
How much extra horsepower does your RGB give?
My home-build has 1 LED component which is a fan. It coincided with the release of 3.3 so the performance boost the LED gave was somewhere in the area of +30FPS.

It was all down to the LED, can't have been 3.3...

The LED colour is white, by the way.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Nice. No point in upgrading GPU anyway as SC can't make the most of them. With the improvements SC code has made over the last few months I am not bothering upgrading in 2019 either. I've gone from 25fps to 70fps without spending any money!!!

Keep going CIG! I want 120fps in 2019 :D

Forgot your password?