My prediction for the Ship Show Down

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I will respectfully disagree with Ayeteeone about harkening to the label.. The label says "explorer" but the class A stealth reactor that comes stock tells a different story.
Can't disagree, it's utility as a small load cargo runner is quite high. If that happens to be illicit goods, who's to know?

Having said that, I believe that the 'stealth' characteristics are part of CIG's ship balancing act and not specifically focused toward smuggling.
I.E. it can find things easier than others, but can't fight as well, so the survival strategy is to be able to run away when seen, but preferably not be noticed at all. This will be HIGHLY applicable to any solo play; especially game loops that bring the player's attention inside the cockpit like using MFD's to run your scans.

This can be seen when looking at the 400i especially, where it's primary survival strategy is to quietly fly around until attacked, then full throttle and make the other guy fly into 4 size 3's if he is dumb enough to give chase. The Terriblepin is simpler.. hide and run, both things it is supposed to be good at. Even the Carrack shows some of this thinking, as it is lightly armed for size but smokes the spacelanes at 1236 m/s, equal to a Gladius.

The 325a in Lore is used as a black ops ship, so if they stick to that line, we can expect to see quite a bit more rebalancing of signatures and detection when the intended mechanics are introduced.

As a point of illustration, the Drake ships tend to be all about the guns, lots of guns. They are expected to fight and have huge signatures for size - the Buccaneer's stock sig is nearly as much as that of the 400i.

I am a student of Mr. Miyagi - "Best way to block punch, no be there".

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Montoya and I are both 1/1, but you have a perfect score.
Thanks. I voted for the Terrapin so I might even get more perfect overnight.
... and look! even CIG is perfect...

cig-perfection.png

Edit: Technical but short. The issues above are related to malformed cookies, and are probably safe. They'd have to have whoever wrote the website to check.
But there are some amateurish issues.
I have my antivirus set to use strict validation rules (because it's part of my real life job) for cookies and cross site links. It's the same reason I don't like using JavaScript to manage security. It's just harder to do if it doesn't communicate with the backend. There are plenty of back end tools that can do that, so why not use them, it makes website development a lot more simple and they don't need to worry about junk like this happening.

What I'd like to know is, does this present a threat to the security of our hanger, the ships and items we bought with real life $?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
So far, my own internal bracket is 3/3, but I thought the 400i would be a lot closer, predicting the Scorpius to win for the fighters and the Carrack by a small margin over the 600i

MSR tomorrow over the Cutlass Black, a tossup between the Raft and FL-M, but probably Raft. Whichever wins will be creamed by the MSR for the third spot in the final 4.

Eclipse over the Titan, Pisces over the Mule unless the memeers get a hold of it. Pisces over the Eclipse.

Xwing over Carrack, MSR over Pisces, but will fall to a Mule,
probably MSR to win

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
You know, I haven't flown the 315p in a LONG time. And while I'd never really consider it as a competitor to the Pisces, I've always enjoyed flying the 325a, and perhaps it's time I spent some aUEC to try toying around with the 315p again. Is it really *that* stealthy?
Always had a love / hate relationship with my 300 series ships..I've had them and melted them over and over......finally I bit the bullet and CCU'd my 350R for a 600i....
It's so beautiful...

ScreenShot-2022-09-06_08-27-20-29A.jpg

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Maybe this is the proper place to confess my obsession with the 315 has waned. It was predicated on the notion that smuggling was a great entry point to make new players lots of money, but the murder hobo route in the caves is so lucrative that it seems to edge out smuggling, and the Avenger is certainly far better than the 315 for that kind of work due to its easier ramp access--running onto the ship repeatedly with loot boxes in arms wants a ramp. Can't beat the Avenger for easy access.

Worked smartly, looks like the caves offer up to 600-700l/hour to any newb with no equipment. Hard to beat that but of course, things change over time.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Looks like I am going to bust my bracket as the avenger is pulling ahead
I have both, and I like both....but i'm thinking "skins"...and feel the Eclipse doesn't need a skin...unless it's a darker black....so the Avenger it is.

Forgot your password?