My Team's entry in CIG's Prospector Commercial Contest

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Thanks. Shame nailed the voice work. I was blown away.

Thank you!

I was actually the only one in my team to NOT own a Prospector. I'm more of a dog fighter myself.
As for the video quality change, I'm not seeing it during the hangar/ladder scenes. Are you sure YouTube didn't just crap out for a second or two on you? Maybe refresh the video and see if it happens again?
yeah i think it was youtube it was weird though it kept happening right at 25 for some reason maybe due to buffering issues

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
All of you should be proud, I was genuinely blown away and am 100% sincere in my previous comment. You’re setting the bar really high for your next video.

Now to everyone else don’t forget to vote it up on spectrum:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/misc-prospector-commercial-contest-submissions/1458894
We are absolutely proud of this one, regardless of who wins the contest. The fact that it has been so well-received by the community has been incredible.
While we appreciate the call to vote for our entry, unfortunately, the thread was locked down yesterday to prevent new entries after the contest had ended. Plus, the community votes are meaningless. The entries are judged internally by CIG.

That is really awesome.
Thanks marctek

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
That would be cool Maynard.

It really does show. Honestly, it's not just on par with CiG's commercials, it beats them. It's just spectacular work all around. The only thing that was discernible between this commercial and a full blown production was that the audio wasn't recorded in a full blown studio. If you had a proper sound stage, it would have been flawless. As it stands, the visuals, writing, and voice performance were spot on and inspiring. Amazing job!
It's funny. DamnShame actually has a home studio with good equipment... but it's for recording instruments. He doesn't have a mic specifically for vocals and ended up using one he has for bluegrass music... like banjos. That's why his voice sounds a bit "tinny" and can-like. Unfortunately for him, Utho's mic sucks and I sound like Kermit the Frog... so by necessity, Shame is our voice guy. And since the team is limited to three people, we can't bring in a voice actor. But, Shame absolutely crushed the voice-over job. Utho and I were blown away.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Wow! Very nice, had the look and feel of a real commercial! 🍺🍻🍺
Thanks Fin

Job well done. Best of luck to ya!
Thank you Printimus. We should know the winners in the next few days

Haha I wanted to buy a prospector myself after seeing this. :smile:!

Great job #0! It had a great feel to it.
Then I guess it was a successful commercial! We actively tried to avoid the stats-quoting style commercial and instead went with a narrative that would, hopefully, engage with people on an emotional/nostalgic level and leave them wanting to know more about the ship.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Congratulations on Second Place!!!!!!

The top two commercials had slightly different approaches and I think the gag was what got them the win, but I honestly thought yours was the better one. Congratulations to the entire team!

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Congratulations on Second Place!!!!!!

The top two commercials had slightly different approaches and I think the gag was what got them the win, but I honestly thought yours was the better one. Congratulations to the entire team!
Thank you Thalstan!!

The first place commercial was from a friend of mine, Narayan. I talk to him on Discord about screenshots and in-game video making almost every day. I'm happy for him... though I did warn him not to be surprised if three random Hurricanes (our prize) suddenly and without provocation attack his shiny new Orion. And if that doesn't work, maybe three random Eclipse bombers will show up to finish the job 😜

We have more video project ideas in the works... you'll definitely see more of the Arts&Crafts team with or without official ship commercial contests.

Forgot your password?