My thoughts on Starfield finally getting here! Some skills deep dive and more!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Yep, if this does well, I can definitely see there being a "Starfield - Online" follow-on product.

This will be great for SC, as it will give them a) a kick in the pants, and b) even more players who might be interested in a Space Game that is more sim-like.

Competition is good! CR doesn't need a publisher, what he really needs in a competitor, like this!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'm curious how much Star Citizen has influence Starfield (if any at all). Although one is an MMO and the other is Single Player, the similarities are there. Competition is good indeed!

Reactions: PlayWithMeOrDie

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yep, if this does well, I can definitely see there being a "Starfield - Online" follow-on product.

This will be great for SC, as it will give them a) a kick in the pants, and b) even more players who might be interested in a Space Game that is more sim-like.

Competition is good! CR doesn't need a publisher, what he really needs in a competitor, like this!
Or, it will cause an additional delay while SQ42 gets refactored from the ground up to catch up.

Reactions: PlayWithMeOrDie

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I'm curious how much Star Citizen has influence Starfield (if any at all). Although one is an MMO and the other is Single Player, the similarities are there. Competition is good indeed!
They both definitely have a lot of overlap, but all the inspiration comes from Star Wars.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm curious how much Star Citizen has influence Starfield (if any at all).
I've got a hunch it influenced it to exist in the first place. The success of the Kickstarter and following crowdfunder was like a defibrillator to the Space Opera genre.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
STARFIELD!!! LETS GO!

Thank you, Glorious Leader!

Not sure if it looks like my thing there seems to be a lot of FPS which isn't my bag at all baby, but I love your approach to the subject, the expansion of the genre can only be a positive - If anything the established Devs/Publishers have something CIG doesn't have: the position to be able to revive general interest in the genre.

Reactions: Aramsolari

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Here's the thing....

Starfield is great for the genre and possibly Star Citizen.....unless...

Bethesda decides to take it beyond single player and go MMO with Starfield ala Fallout 76. If that happens, SC will be in trouble.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
They both definitely have a lot of overlap, but all the inspiration comes from Star Wars.
From Serenity:
You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.
Who plays the role of the Empire?
Are the Vanduul the Rebellion?

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I have to agree with Richard. Starfield is not based upon a great galactic war, nor a unified human Empire. It's more like Traveler--competing human factions, primarily involving exploration. In Star Wars, the exploration is supposedly competed millennia in the past. SC has as much Traveler in it as Star Wars, since we're still exploring.

Is anyone envying Starfield's companion droid? That thing seems all full of awesome.

Forgot your password?