Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I felt the same way working in the oil patch. 10 years of my life a complete waste. Also, being wasted for 10 years didn't help. :p But yeah, months away from home at a time, shift work, etc. It was not a lifestyle I miss. Changing to the military was the best choice I've ever made. The Canadian army is very family friendly.

Ha. Such positivity Sam. ;)

I need a drink. :p
Yeah, me too *sigh* Whiskey's out. Need to restock. Friday I think we'll drive into town to our drug dealer :rolleyes: ...then I'm positive again. No, hard times currently. But will be better in a couple of weeks. ;):)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Have you seen the Connie emission stats while flying? Maybe "camouflaged" but no way invisible.

It is a smallish large ship, but it's still pretty big.
Well, we all don't know up to now how far and in which way you can "pimp" your space waggon. Perhaps you can change machine components like undervolting your CPU or put on some cooling devices or whatever. I'm totally freaked out recognizing that you can USE that WORKBENCH later on - thats sooooo GOOD :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Not invisible. Just not noticible
Lol, I had a friend like that once. Such a grey man that no-one ever noticed him doing anything. Including the girls. Poor guy.
Yeah, me too *sigh* Whiskey's out. Need to restock. Friday I think we'll drive into town to our drug dealer :rolleyes: ...then I'm positive again. No, hard times currently. But will be better in a couple of weeks. ;):)
Haha, I'm suffering a we bit not a dry spell as well. Damn work. But @CrudeSasquatch has the beer fridge stocked, and I'm home tomorrow. Yeehaw.
Well, we all don't know up to now how far and in which way you can "pimp" your space waggon. Perhaps you can change machine components like undervolting your CPU or put on some cooling devices or whatever. I'm totally freaked out recognizing that you can USE that WORKBENCH later on - thats sooooo GOOD :D
This will be awesome. Being able to customize whatever components you want to have exactly the ship you want. Badass. I'm excited.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Oh definitely!

I'm going to play with so many components to get different results, I'm excited!

But even at the smallest amount, you still have to figure in your cross-section and the Connie is fairly large.

Will be interesting if someone with an Endeavor could fiddle with ship plating to add in dampeners.

I'm honestly geeking the fuck out whenever I think of what's possible on the "overclocking" side!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm honestly geeking the fuck out whenever I think of what's possible on the "overclocking" side!
You will be the man I come to for this. Mwaaahaha.

PS. I fucking love that you say "geeking out". It's been a staple of my vocabulary for years. Your the first other I've heard use it. *sniffle* ying and yang. Haha

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
What if you could make whatever you wanted to if you knew what you were actually doing. Mechanic career would be amazing!!!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Had.
I'll goto the store
If beer = 0 then goto store
store
If Len(Dir(coolingPath+ Fridge)) = 0 Then
MsgBox "Beer Not Found - please make sure to ask shopkeeper KINDLY to re-check his storage"
Exit Sub
Else
CoolingFridge.Open ivrPath + buyBeer, , 1
End If
Next
Drink

Never programmed before - perhaps I should change the job? :D :D :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
store
MsgBox "Beer Not Found - please make sure to ask shopkeeper KINDLY to re-check his storage"
Exit Sub
Else
End If
Next
Drink

I think that'll about do it. You're basically a computer surgeon now. That workbench is doing wonders for you! ;)

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
I am absolutely horrible at naming things. Can't name characters in games, can't name cars, can't name my ship. And I only have one right now. Imagine when I start getting more. I am screwed. Right now all I have is a Sabre. I have been thinking of looking up famous sword names, fictional or non. Not very original.

Also I just wanted to say that I remember seeing something on a thread, may have not been this org, Someone was saying that small jets and fighters are not named. Only larger things like ships and subs. My response has always been that I know every pilot has a name for their plane. No matter how small. It may not be registered with the military or whatever but it has a name.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I am absolutely horrible at naming things. Can't name characters in games, can't name cars, can't name my ship. And I only have one right now. Imagine when I start getting more. I am screwed. Right now all I have is a Sabre.
Black Mantis
Due Diligence
Edge of Space
Quantum Razor
Hope's End

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
What if you could make whatever you wanted to if you knew what you were actually doing. Mechanic career would be amazing!!!
not gonna happen, because game balance

expect that a buff in one aspect will be offset by a nerf in another

want more powerful guns? you will have to give up shield capacity to power them, etc

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
store
Exit Sub
Else
End If
Next
Drink

pseudocode best code

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
store
Exit Sub
Else
End If
Next
Drink

Beer = 36
Return to store
Beer = 50
Turn on Testsquadron.com and have beer while reading posts
Beer = 40