Need your advice guys!

PrimeCronus

Admiral
Sep 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nero_Genesys
Hello dear friends! Need your advice.

Next month i am thinking to get a new ship. Without upgraiding my Avenger Stalker.
I was thinking to buy any ship that looks badass and cool lol, but now i am considering to find out and buy any LTI ships if it is still possible. So i am interested to know about this LTI ships and when normally RSI are selling them and if it's possible to buy them without RSI's sellings?

Thanks guys for your time!

Reactions: Deroth

PrimeCronus

Admiral
Sep 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nero_Genesys
Honestly it depends on what you want to do in game. A lot of ships "look" cool.....
Well, my main idea is pirating, bounty hunting and etc... But yeah, i want to get LTI ship, cuz everyone saying like, it's the best way and it's good to have at least 1 LTI ship. Is it true?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Well, my main idea is pirating, bounty hunting and etc... But yeah, i want to get LTI ship, cuz everyone saying like, it's the best way and it's good to have at least 1 LTI ship. Is it true?
no, insurance is one tiny tiny tiny fragment of gameplay. Doesnt really matter if you have LTI or 6 month insurance. The only difference is you will have to pay a small fee to renew your insurance once every six months....... thats half a year. So I would say forget about LTI and just look at getting whatever ship you think will fit your play style and budget best.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
If you only own one ship, I think LTI is over rated. This is because you will buy ships in game and they will not come with LTI insurance. If you own a fleet of ships then LTI has more worth and the more expensive the ship the likelihood is the more expensive in game insurance and so more benefit to LTI. Chris Roberts has said they are planning to ensure you will want to upgrade components of your ships to be more effective and you will have to buy insurance for any parts you change (if you want them covered). Lets be honest with the pvp in the game the chance you will never die is remote. Now that being said look at the trades forum people are often selling LTI ships if that's really important to you.

PrimeCronus

Admiral
Sep 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nero_Genesys
no, insurance is one tiny tiny tiny fragment of gameplay. Doesnt really matter if you have LTI or 6 month insurance. The only difference is you will have to pay a small fee to renew your insurance once every six months....... thats half a year. So I would say forget about LTI and just look at getting whatever ship you think will fit your play style and budget best.
If you only own one ship, I think LTI is over rated. This is because you will buy ships in game and they will not come with LTI insurance. If you own a fleet of ships then LTI has more worth and the more expensive the ship the likelihood is the more expensive in game insurance and so more benefit to LTI. Chris Roberts has said they are planning to ensure you will want to upgrade components of your ships to be more effective and you will have to buy insurance for any parts you change (if you want them covered). Lets be honest with the pvp in the game the chance you will never die is remote. Now that being said look at the trades forum people are often selling LTI ships if that's really important to you.
Thank you guys, then i will forget about LTI, cuz i am not looking like, to spend a lot of money on ships. In game i was thinking always to join some big group of people as a soldier, pirate, engeneer and etc. Not like, owning big fleet of ships xD.

Thanks!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Right now, the ONLY ship you can get LTI on without spending over $1,000 USD on a ship package is to buy the Valkyrie Warbond at $330 USD, plus VAT.

If you want a different ship that costs less, then you need to wait for some sort of LTI token to become available, then upgrade the ship later. @Printimus has already given you some really good advice on LTI...if you believe you have a serviceable number of ships (for me, less than 5 or 6), then SHI (Standard Hull Insurance) will be fine. If you do something stupid and buy a fleet of ships (much MUCH more than 5) be dang sure to get LTI on those ships or they will sink you.

One small caveat, if you get a BIG ship (anything over $300 USD for older ships, $400 for newer), try to get them LTI. Bigger ships will cost more to insure, so if you get that Carrack, Reclaimer, 600i, Orion, Hull E, etc., try and get LTI on it.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
LTI = Bragging Rights

If piracy and bounty hunting is what you're leaning towards then I recommend looking at the Cutlass Blue to get started.
A cutlass black or Blue would be an excellent ship. The Freelancer MIS might work too, but the Blue will have holding cells to store your bounties and would probably be the best bet. Problem is, you will need to get a LTI token prior to the November sale if you want LTI (doubtful) or just get without which is fine when you only have 2 ships.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Seconding the cutlass recommendation. Great ship, easy to fly, works well with friends, can run cargo or hunt/kill.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I suggest getting an LTI token from one of our test sellers which you can find in the marketplace. you meet the 3 month requirement for most of us either a cyclone or a nox would be best as both of those ships have increased in price which is an automatic discount to whatever ship you want to upgrade to. from there wait for the aniversary sale in the next month which almost any ship is going to be on sale. Buy the CCU to what you want and boom you get the ship you want with LTI and a discount. @DirectorGunner always has extra LTI tokens and i know he is trying to get up to legatus status.

Forgot your password?