New capital ships in Star Citizen or Bengal variants?

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well if you think these ships are impressive, wait until they unveil the Banu flagship "Offer you can not refuse".
Anyhow, I can not help but think that all that goes way over my financial limit if it was actually a ship offered for sale.
Though it would make a nice gift for those amongst us who got an Executive Edition F8C in the mail last month...
You know, folks who already have everything else... :-)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well if you think these ships are impressive, wait until they unveil the Banu flagship "Offer you can not refuse".
Anyhow, I can not help but think that all that goes way over my financial limit if it was actually a ship offered for sale.
Though it would make a nice gift for those amongst us who got an Executive Edition F8C in the mail last month...
You know, folks who already have everything else... :-)
According to official lore, the Flagship of the Banu is the BMM, which is looking absolutely glorious so far in its development.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
According to official lore, the Flagship of the Banu is the BMM, which is looking absolutely glorious so far in its development.
Yeah, that the BMM is their mightiest ship is what the Banu want us to believe. They are shrewd and not likely to show their hand until the stakes are high enough.
But true, the BMMs are glorious! :love:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yeah, that the BMM is their mightiest ship is what the Banu want us to believe. They are shrewd and not likely to show their hand until the stakes are high enough.
But true, the BMMs are glorious! :love:
Personally, I'm hoping for carriers from both Origin & the Banu almost the length of a Jav, so that those transporting ships long range for others can enjoy the journey. Being just short of the Jav would allow for it to be stored for safety when not being needed.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My take away is CIG may release a small handful of cap ships all sharing the aft third of the Bengal in common. That seems plausible since it would save them a huge amount of time on every ship design, and therefore allow them to offer more cap ships in total.

If this is where they’re headed, probably what it means is many more types of ships in game that cannot be owned or boarded. Like the Vanduul ships, we would likely never see the inside of these because there is no inside. CIG invented the Vanduul self-destruct so they wouldn’t need to model the Vanduul ships. These Bengal derivatives may well be the same kind of things—ships offered to the ‘verse for sake of storytelling that are not offered to players for actual use.

I’m okay with this. We were told long ago the Javelin was the largest purchasable ship and the Bengal a rare find some orgs could salvage and fly, and that these and the Idris were really the only player access cap ships. I think this is likely true and will continue to be true, so don’t get your knickers in a knot lusting after cool half-Bengal battle variants. Prolly not gonna happen. You will see them but won’t be able to steal or fly them, IMHO.

However, since they do plan to let us salvage the Bengal, it needs to be said this does seem to make it possible that salvaged Bengals could themselves be the basis for several playable ships. Maybe too much to hope for, but CiG does plan for us to salvage Bengals on a rare basis. Maybe this is that? Hmmmm. . .and maybe only the rarest of Bengal salvages can become full Bengal carriers? Maybe we’re seeing a new salvage dynamic where orgs compete for the most rare and complete Bengal salvaged and others get half a Bengal? Kinda like half a bagel and you get to choose butter or cream cheese?

You can imagine the crazy game dynamics that would arise if CIG made it impossible to store such ships. They’d instantly become the thing to steal, and the only way to hold them would be to convince dozens of players to camp on them at all times, and to place them where adversaries can’t find them.

But that would give us a game where the biggest stunts were all stealing the biggest ships. Who wants that?

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My take away is CIG may release a small handful of cap ships all sharing the aft third of the Bengal in common. That seems plausible since it would save them a huge amount of time on every ship design, and therefore allow them to offer more cap ships in total.

If this is where they’re headed, probably what it means is many more types of ships in game that cannot be owned or boarded. Like the Vanduul ships, we would likely never see the inside of these because there is no inside. CIG invented the Vanduul self-destruct so they wouldn’t need to model the Vanduul ships. These Bengal derivatives may well be the same kind of things—ships offered to the ‘verse for sake of storytelling that are not offered to players for actual use.

I’m okay with this. We were told long ago the Javelin was the largest purchasable ship and the Bengal a rare find some orgs could salvage and fly, and that these and the Idris were really the only player access cap ships. I think this is likely true and will continue to be true, so don’t get your knickers in a knot lusting after cool half-Bengal battle variants. Prolly not gonna happen. You will see them but won’t be able to steal or fly them, IMHO.

However, since they do plan to let us salvage the Bengal, it needs to be said this does seem to make it possible that salvaged Bengals could themselves be the basis for several playable ships. Maybe too much to hope for, but CiG does plan for us to salvage Bengals on a rare basis. Maybe this is that? Hmmmm. . .and maybe only the rarest of Bengal salvages can become full Bengal carriers? Maybe we’re seeing a new salvage dynamic where orgs compete for the most rare and complete Bengal salvaged and others get half a Bengal? Kinda like half a bagel and you get to choose butter or cream cheese?

You can imagine the crazy game dynamics that would arise if CIG made it impossible to store such ships. They’d instantly become the thing to steal, and the only way to hold them would be to convince dozens of players to camp on them at all times, and to place them where adversaries can’t find them.

But that would give us a game where the biggest stunts were all stealing the biggest ships. Who wants that?
This is why I'd love to have an Origin or Banu carrier the length of a Jav. Storable with plenty of ship transportation storage yet comfortable if not luxurious for those being transported. I'd also be satisfied with a Jav length carrier from Crusader if the other 2 never become possible.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think Aegis, Anvil, Crusader and RSI are about all you’ll see. Still, just a couple cap ships each is a nice selection. I think we’re pretty close to where we need to be. Too many more and we’ll see sales wane.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?