New Cargo specs and more Q&A

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
What i want to know is how the hell the max has 2 and a half times the cargo capacity of the normal lancer, how the andromeda has half the capacity of the taurus, an orion has less than a taurus, and the hull b has more than all of them?

Sometimes i do wonder about RSI and cargo...

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I might grab a C and hold it to melt/CCU for a BMM. However, it actually looks like the C has better overall defences than the MM at this current point in dev, hope that gets reworked somehow. MM possibly has better "tank" or higher speed/agil or lower sig maybe to compensate?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
What i want to know is how the hell the max has 2 and a half times the cargo capacity of the normal lancer, how the andromeda has half the capacity of the taurus, an orion has less than a taurus, and the hull b has more than all of them?

Did you not see the Orion's ore capacity?

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato

The Taurus is a stretch cargo hauler version of the Constellation series...it has double the bay doors.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I am absolutely delighted to see the Merchantman take 3rd place for cargo, ignoring the Reclaimer's salvage capacity and Orion's ore capacity. The MAX has a much better footing now as well. The Taurus though... there's about to be a ragestorm of tears, pooflinging, buildings in flames and mass hysteria. For what it's worth, the Avenger got whacked pretty hard too. I'm afraid mine is about to become melt fuel...maybe for a Hull B...

Reactions: Designated Drunk

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Cat got a little shafted in the "~250 dollar freighter range", yeowch. Let's hope it's got superior guns and armor to the Starfarer/Banu MM to compensate.

Sgt_Kiwi

Captain
Donor
Dec 27, 2014
RSI Handle
SgtKiwi
got a Orion and a Hull C last of my big drunken spend ups. All so have the Freelancer Misc Plus as my goto drunk ship

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Insert my Taurus rage here. Alpha physical package so can not melt it.
super ouch, and here I was mumbling about my freelancer alpha

While everyone is looking at the BMM

am I the only one who thinks the Starfarer might be the real winner out of all these ships? assuming that the starfarer is the only fuel harvesting ship and being the cheapest of the 3.

The starfarer might not be as fast/armored/sheilded like the rest, but the ability to make its own cargo that could off set rather large fuel bills for your self and org mates is rather nice.
(unless fuel is cheap as hell and fuel stations are all over the place)

MISC Starfarer 4043.52
MISC Hull C 4608
Banu Merchantman 5017.6

Last edited:

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Glad to see some of these numbers particularly the MAX, still considering getting one; I'm guessing the rework will explain how it got so much bigger than the other Freelancers.
Slightly upset about my 325A though. I know it never had much cargo space but It was similar to the other small ships and now its practically nothing.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Glad to see some of these numbers particularly the MAX, still considering getting one; I'm guessing the rework will explain how it got so much bigger than the other Freelancers.
Slightly upset about my 325A though. I know it never had much cargo space but It was similar to the other small ships and now its practically nothing.
Perhaps they will put spindles on it. /sigh
Or just attach external cargo mounts.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
BANU MERCHANTMAN HAS MORE THAN HULL C, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Dear god how could they do that to the taurus though

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
OH MY GOD THE CATERPILLAR WTF HAVE THEY DONE

Liszt

Rear Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Liszt
Cat got a little shafted in the "~250 dollar freighter range", yeowch. Let's hope it's got superior guns and armor to the Starfarer/Banu MM to compensate.
I know everything is open to change but my impression so far is that the HULL will be heavily armored (with more modular functionality?). I think the MM will be heavily armed in it's forward direction (blockade breaker). The starfarer will likely be heavily armored and carrying fuel over other cargo.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

The orion has less cargo room, but that's not counting ore storage, which is seperate.

Reactions: SPRNinja

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Well glad to see they straightened those numbers out, but that also means no HULL series ship for me.
If the Orion's ore had dropped so that a C could empty it I'd buy, but I simply can't spring for the D.

We'll save our money for the rest of the concept ships, and maybe that delicious looking MIS. Missiles everywhere.

Forgot your password?