New Concept coming - Origin Rover

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I'm actually hoping for something outrageously expensive looking, fast, but otherwise useless luxury vehicle. It's something to aim for in-game when it goes live, and it also adds depth to the game world just like the civilian airliner type ships do.

@LoicFarris 5.5? Thought the highest they went with x5s is the 50i with the 4.4l twinturbo? Nice anyway!
I "only" have an e83 X3 30D (the 160kw version). I was going for an e70 x5 4.4i but both my mechanic and the wife were adamant that it would be too big (as she drives it the most), cost way too much to fuel and to keep repaired. I took the cheaper option, it's still big enough and fast enough to piss off most ppl lol. But I haven't given up on the "big stupid car" concept yet, I'm hunting for the cheapest running e65 735i at the moment. Pre-facelift ofc, for that extra weird factor 😂 😂 😂
You know... I may need to look at the badge again, it might be 5.0i, which is all BS anyway, because as you said it's a 4.4 with a biturbo. The X3s are really nice, I was looking at them for my nephew, same chassis you have, which if you get the right year is really reliable. Regarding the X5 and cost to maintain, so far mine has been bomb proof. Regular maintenance is all she's needed and she's at 73k miles. I've owned 3 Mercedes and 2 BMWs, so far none of them have cost much to maintain, but that said I'm all over preventive maintenance and I have a good euro car mechanic who works on them for a fraction of what the dealership costs.

Just as a heads up the e70 diesel is pretty problematic from my understanding. Friend of mine owns one, can't get the CEL to turn off and he has had a multitude of other issues. The petrol version though I've read is very reliable in the v6, but I'm not sure how the v8 did. Mine is the F15, with the M package, but it's not an M series. I can hardly let the one I have breath here in Denver as it is. 😉

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I'm actually hoping for something outrageously expensive looking, fast, but otherwise useless luxury vehicle. It's something to aim for in-game when it goes live, and it also adds depth to the game world just like the civilian airliner type ships do.

@LoicFarris 5.5? Thought the highest they went with x5s is the 50i with the 4.4l twinturbo? Nice anyway!
I "only" have an e83 X3 30D (the 160kw version). I was going for an e70 x5 4.4i but both my mechanic and the wife were adamant that it would be too big (as she drives it the most), cost way too much to fuel and to keep repaired. I took the cheaper option, it's still big enough and fast enough to piss off most ppl lol. But I haven't given up on the "big stupid car" concept yet, I'm hunting for the cheapest running e65 735i at the moment. Pre-facelift ofc, for that extra weird factor 😂 😂 😂
I have a 550 with the n63 engine. If that was what you were looking at, you dodged a bullet. If you were looking at the n63tu, that’s a much better engine.

That said, I have the n63 and after the fixes, it’s a nice engine. I get good mileage, even more in RL mileage than a 320 or 528. That’s because I don’t have to be going into the upper RPMs to get good HP and torque. I can get a lot of acceleration between 2-3k with just a little throttle.

I drove a Malibu recently with the base engine. If that’s an example of today’s common sedan, no wonder they are dying. It was absolutely without any kind of soul , and was not fun to drive. In fact, it was a chore to drive. Even my F350 4x4 is more fun to drive. That said, 800 lb-ft of torque at 2k RPM will generate a lot of smiles.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I have a 550 with the n63 engine. If that was what you were looking at, you dodged a bullet. If you were looking at the n63tu, that’s a much better engine.

That said, I have the n63 and after the fixes, it’s a nice engine. I get good mileage, even more in RL mileage than a 320 or 528. That’s because I don’t have to be going into the upper RPMs to get good HP and torque. I can get a lot of acceleration between 2-3k with just a little throttle.

I drove a Malibu recently with the base engine. If that’s an example of today’s common sedan, no wonder they are dying. It was absolutely without any kind of soul , and was not fun to drive. In fact, it was a chore to drive. Even my F350 4x4 is more fun to drive. That said, 800 lb-ft of torque at 2k RPM will generate a lot of smiles.
I had a 13 with the same engine before I got the X5. It was fine, never had any issues, if memory serves they updated the engines in those in the 14 models and up. Gas milage though I can't say much for, my X5 if I'm lucky stays at 16.1 but I mostly do city driving, the 550i was about the same. Now the Mercedes was a naturally asperated 5.5 liter and that would do 21 in the city and on long highway drives I was pushing just beyond 40 mpg. No idea why the smaller displacement engines are doing so poorly in comparison.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
If you have the 600iE, you have the origin rover already.

Ground vehicles are reaching saturation I think. Unless there is a viable reason for that type of gameplay, I think ground vehicles will play only a small part in the grand scheme of things.

Back when they had restricted landing zones, ground vehicles made sense. I need to land at a platform X km away from my target. If I don't want to spend hours getting there, I need a ground vehicle to get from the landing pad to the place of interest.

Now, I can just fly up and land next to the place of interest. In fact, it's probably better if I do, because I will have a ship with much bigger weapons on it, so I can take out those turrets much faster and from a distance further away. Even if I am facing massive air defenses, it would make sense that that same place would also have massive ground assault defenses as well.

It's definitely getting to the point of diminishing returns for vehicles. Party boats, fighters, capital ships, large and small mining, fueling, salvage and repair ships. Exploration and cargo ships of all shapes and sizes, etc. How many more ships do we need?

I'm getting to the point where I no longer care about ship sales because there is nothing really "new", just a rehash of stuff already out there. There are a few ships I am interested in that I might get when they come around again, but it will all depend on how things go and what they come up with.
Mines i think will be a big thing pretty soon rovers can definately fit in places ships cant. also seeing mines from the grounds is probably alot easier.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Mines i think will be a big thing pretty soon rovers can definitely fit in places ships cant. also seeing mines from the grounds is probably alot easier.
If that's the case I wonder how they plan on handling the mining laser that will need to be dragged down there to mine the rocks to begin with. Or will it be hand-held mining.

Forgot your password?