New Cutlass Black

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I don't see how anyone can tell from the published info what to buy. The ships page still lists all 3 variants as carrying the same cargo, and if that is true, you can pull the holding cells from the Blue and have a better-than-Black. Blue still has bigger main engines and shields, IIRC.
They said they were going to update the website by 2042. Apparently, the people that are supposed to work on it haven't been born yet.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Now you're just being DRAKE!
Yes. Yes I am.
I don't see how anyone can tell from the published info what to buy. The ships page still lists all 3 variants as carrying the same cargo, and if that is true, you can pull the holding cells from the Blue and have a better-than-Black. Blue still has bigger main engines and shields, IIRC.
I have the Blue anyways. We'll see what happens after the official release. I do have some CCUs to black in my hangar, just in case I want both, lol.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
That was my thinking as well. Blue seems like a better deal IF you can pull the holding cells and have the same cargo capacity as the black. Then I thought I read somewhere that would not be an option. I just went with the Black, because I look at it as a Millennium Falcon xD (even though it isn't fast enough for that title). If you can pull the cells out of the Blue, I will likely upgrade.

Karterkor

Admiral
Aug 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Karterkor
The problem is that only the Black got the rework, the Red and the Blue will probably stay the same for what we know right now, and the cargo hold of the new Black will be a little larger from the "latest" news, it has (as you can see in the images below) 9 crew post (pilot, co-pilot, turret and 6 seat), 2 lateral big doors (always images below), a big room also for the crew with beds, lockers, and more lateral doors (always images below).
So imo, the Black will be probably a better deal if they will not rework the others (this is also why the Black will cost more $$$)..

****edit: Source of the pics if you want to see more
View: https://imgur.com/a/8Clyz#AGlHd80

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The problem is that only the Black got the rework, the Red and the Blue will probably stay the same for what we know right now, and the cargo hold of the new Black will be a little larger from the "latest" news, it has (as you can see in the images below) 9 crew post (pilot, co-pilot, turret and 6 seat), 2 lateral big doors (always images below), a big room also for the crew with beds, lockers, and more lateral doors (always images below).
So imo, the Black will be probably a better deal if they will not rework the others (this is also why the Black will cost more $$$)..

****edit: Source of the pics if you want to see more
View: https://imgur.com/a/8Clyz#AGlHd80
The other two variants are already getting reworked along the same lines as the black. That is a for sure. They are due out in the very near future.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Some Freelancer owners are a "little bit pissed" about that cargo space. TBH it really looks so much bigger than the dedicated small freighter aka as Lancer now
I don't think they extended the cargo past what it was originally intended, 33 units. I think the last version did not have that kind of space and they wanted that much. The Lancer carries nearly twice as much and the Lancer Max carries almost 4X as much. And the Lancer still has the bigger guns. It has just got that crappy view, and that by design. If it had a great view people would use it for everything and it would even compete with the Connie.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I don't think they extended the cargo past what it was originally intended, 33 units. I think the last version did not have that kind of space and they wanted that much. The Lancer carries nearly twice as much and the Lancer Max carries almost 4X as much. And the Lancer still has the bigger guns. It has just got that crappy view, and that by design. If it had a great view people would use it for everything and it would even compete with the Connie.
I can't find out where it has been announced but a bigger cargo space is conformid. I would expect at least 25% what i have seen so far. (Also it is hard to tell just from pics)
This would leave us with around 40 to 45 SCU, still smaller than freelancer.

It probably depends on how much space we can use, maybe only the space near those side doors is really usable.
While freelancer space is longer. Probably better for cargo and less good for vehicles.

I don't want to start crying till we have some hard facts about that. Lancer is going to be a long trip ship too. So there are still some plusses for lancer.

Forgot your password?