New Drake concept ship poll up on RSI

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I really dislike the name Kraken.
It'll probably lead to some unfortunate design choices, like landing bays on extendable arms, or something else that sounds cool (or stupid, see previous mention of extendable arms), but is a right bitch to implement. Lets keep it simple, guys.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Well from the video of a "mobile social space"... how about we go for a mobile BAR!?

A few landing pads, going around picking drinkers and gather TESTies! Some place in the middle of nowhere to party!

That being said, personally I'm more interested in the mid-size "Constellation competitor" though I probably still wouldn't buy one. I already got my 600i thanks.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well from the video of a "mobile social space"... how about we go for a mobile BAR!?

A few landing pads, going around picking drinkers and gather TESTies! Some place in the middle of nowhere to party!

That being said, personally I'm more interested in the mid-size "Constellation competitor" though I probably still wouldn't buy one. I already got my 600i thanks.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
I really dislike the name Kraken.
It'll probably lead to some unfortunate design choices, like landing bays on extendable arms, or something else that sounds cool (or stupid, see previous mention of extendable arms), but is a right bitch to implement. Lets keep it simple, guys.
The kraken is rum... Wright?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
To be clear, though, I foresee major problems with all of the ships.
The vulture, they want it to not have an interior (an open canopy design), which is cool, but it'll mean you're completely unable to use it without a support ship or an exact location on whatever you're salvaging.
The kraken has the whole name thing, which could lead to some weird stuff down the line, as I mentioned earlier. Not to mention it's size will lead to a serious increase in the time to develop it.
The corsair's main issue is that I don't really want one it's basically a Connie, but for Drake. Not much to say, there. We do need more medium ships, though.

Out of all of these, I have to say, the Kraken is definitely the one I'd buy. Right now we don't have a dedicated carrier, and that's the kind of ship I'd really like to have. Currently, the Vulture appears to be winning. I'd really rather it didn't. If you don't want a carrier, pick the Corsair.

Forgot your password?