Reactions: Scape

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Having watched Montoyas video now:

So their video was... what was it? A retrospective because CIG had a birthday event? Everything they said seems to be what has been said previously and reacted to already? Except "Star Citizen had a big anniversary!" and comments made around that, you may as well have made clip-show from your previous reaction videos to youtubers bringing all this stuff up at the time.

- "No deadlines" Yeah, we know... It was part of the original pitch, no publishers, no publisher dick moves like releasing a part-finished "Minimum Viable Product" game and calling it a "Live Service" where they get round to finishing it while players are using it in real time.

- "14 million in the bank" Yeah, we know... We talked about it when those financials came out and here we are years later apparently still talking about it like it's January 2018?

- "Stop spending and the game gets finished" Yeah, we know... but saying that out of context this means nothing. CIG put out a statement years ago, I think it was when they got the $40 million+ funding for marketing, saying they had some "levers to pull" if crowd funding dried up and they could switch all tech dev to game dev and finish making the game with the tech they'd built to that point and the money they had left in the bank - I think that's what was being fixated on when that was said by the guy in the video - but to people outside of SC that means less than nothing and for people following SC it only means something if they remember that statement, made years ago.

Saying any of the above or indeed anything about SC without context is, once again, a cavalcade of misinformed opinion or subjective opinion based on information that only means anything if they decide to share the supporting info which resides inside their head.

Again, to clarify, I have not watched the original source video and have no intention to. Maybe they explained themselves, but from the reaction to it, it sounds like they very much did not - Go sit in a coffee shop near some big office block and listen in to the chatter of the suits talking office bollocks on the next table over, and I imagine it will make as much sense as their video will to most watching it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mich Angel

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Dear Leader, singing to the choir yet again

we should turn Repetitious Complaint Bingo into a drinking game

so all the ranting would be more bearable

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?