New GPU’s inbound

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Not only stopping production Nvidia is also asking partners to raise the prices on existing video card inventory. Wow, just wow. Love you too Nvidia.

Utter. Bullshit.

Hey, put the price up to $9,999 like they do on Amazon when they run out of stock but they don't want to admit it.

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
See enclosed Test GPU Price guide for Noobs

1594838676044.png

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Intel 10900K is available on Newegg as I post this. They'll sell out fast.

How fast are these selling out when they do crop up? I see the 10700k in stock, either would be a vast upgrade for me, don't know if it would be better to wait and try my luck at the F5 game.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Not to worry Owl, you might have gotten a deal. They'll push the price up for existing stock as they delist it. Then by the time your wallet recovers from buying the 2080Ti, the new stuff will be preparing to become the old stuff... and the cycle continues. Both NVIDIA and AMD do that. They need more competition.
Lol, I'm actually not too worried about it. This 2080ti is freaking amazing!
I picked up a 2080ti last summer as well. I think they'll hold their value. You can always sell it and use the proceeds for a new 3000 series. 😅
Ha, true story!

Reactions: Vavrik

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
AMD Zen 3 chips are still scheduled to release this year, and leaks suggest the NVIDIA 30-series cards are releasing in September.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
So if I'm looking to build a new computer in December...what should I be looking at?
BY December the new card issues should have settled out. It does depend on what else you intend to do with the Computer. Just games, the 3060 or 3070 should be enough. A game will not exceed the capability of either of those cards for the next few years.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
BY December the new card issues should have settled out. It does depend on what else you intend to do with the Computer. Just games, the 3060 or 3070 should be enough. A game will not exceed the capability of either of those cards for the next few years.
So I built my last computer in 2013 and started with the i7 4770k and 780ti. A couple years later I upgraded to a 980ti which has lasted me through now. The computer still functions, although with a few hiccups considering age, and it runs *most* games well. I'm not able to throw every single Ultra setting on 4k anymore, but it's still good.

The problem is I don't really like to upgrade too often. I'd rather spend the up front cost and keep it for a very long time. This might be a habit from when I was young and poor and couldn't reliably upgrade things as it became obsolete.

So is it better to buy a beast and keep until it dies or to buy a *decent* computer and upgrade slowly through the years for a Frankenstein or "Grandfather's Axe" computer?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
So I built my last computer in 2013 and started with the i7 4770k and 780ti. A couple years later I upgraded to a 980ti which has lasted me through now. The computer still functions, although with a few hiccups considering age, and it runs *most* games well. I'm not able to throw every single Ultra setting on 4k anymore, but it's still good.

The problem is I don't really like to upgrade too often. I'd rather spend the up front cost and keep it for a very long time. This might be a habit from when I was young and poor and couldn't reliably upgrade things as it became obsolete.

So is it better to buy a beast and keep until it dies or to buy a *decent* computer and upgrade slowly through the years for a Frankenstein or "Grandfather's Axe" computer?
I just recently got a 2080 Super, for my new build, but I do Iray Rendering, not just gaming. If they only cost you $400 instead of 800+ then you can afford to upgrade them more often. :)

Forgot your password?