New ground vehicle on the way (Anvil Centurion)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
That would be cool to see around derelict sites where they want to encourage you to go in by foot or land vehicle. Have some NPCs controlling 3-4 of them and it immediately makes sense to land and go in under the radar.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I am just glad more and more things are coming online and into the game where I see myself helping the Org. Popping a cold Smoltz Lite and protecting all those fledgling Aurora pilots with a smile on my face watching them fall out of the sky crashing in the way is expected of TEST.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Here's another view on it by a relatively new player:

It appears to have 500k uSCU personal storage, and "can" fit in an 890 Jump...

If they can work out the detection for ground vehicles, these could be interesting if a group\org want to "control" jumptown. I could also see these being useful to "defend" outposts that are selling valuable trade items, as well as defending mineral-rich areas if surface mining profits could be bumped above quantanium and mineral distribution were to be altered to small areas rather than "equally" distributed around a planet\moon, so groups\orgs could "defend" their extraction sites.

I'd prefer to see it being unable to depress the rear guns so far (limit it to 1-5 degrees above horizontal) so that it requires defence from surface attack (player\NPC\vehicles) either with the front\driver turret, or other players\vehicles, rather than being able to defend itself on flat ground with rear turret.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm waiting for the SC version of the Flash Tank from Total Annihilation.

1657780144576.png

A fast T1 unit, lightly armoured but more than other T1 vehicles (it is a tank) and a pair of laser shootahs so i'd expect a turret like on the back of this Centurion but with 2x rather than 4x guns. I tried the Nova Tonk and it was fun and the only vehicle which can self-right if it tips over due to the turret, but man, I want just want a Light :)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Looks like a new "version" of the Balista will be arriving shortly that uses guns rather than missiles:
In a space game where the smallest ground vehicle we have is about the size of an M1 tank, I can't really get excited about another ground vehicle.

Are we playing Star Citizen or Ogre?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think CIG would sell many more of these if there were just the single cab up front, and you could then add on rear "cars" of many types: missiles, guns, medical, exploration, etc., and then cap it off with another cab in the rear so the entire thing can drive in both directions. Make it so they project a single shield and the shields multiply their refresh rate by the number of units. There would be competitions to how many units groups could assemble.

As is, any Aurora can blast the thing to smithereens, so why would anyone risk their character in one?

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I think CIG would sell many more of these if there were just the single cab up front, and you could then add on rear "cars" of many types: missiles, guns, medical, exploration, etc., and then cap it off with another cab in the rear so the entire thing can drive in both directions. Make it so they project a single shield and the shields multiply their refresh rate by the number of units. There would be competitions to how many units groups could assemble.

As is, any Aurora can blast the thing to smithereens, so why would anyone risk their character in one?
I would like a vehicle like that, basically had something like that when I was in the military. Changing out the rear trailer depending on each mission could be another cool layer added.

Forgot your password?