New ships that I am still waiting on:

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
I would be interested to see what this would look like and to see how game play with a ship like this would be like:
  • MISC Endeavor-class Research PlatformThe MISC Endeavor is the company’s most prestigious ship: a dedicated research platform capable of carrying a dozen different space science packages, running the gamut from advanced long-range scanners for jump point identification to additional shielding for near-stellar corona research. Externally, the Endeavor is dotted with sensor hardpoints; internally, the main compartment is centered on a large research laboratory which can be configured for use by a wide range of scientific disciplines. The Endeavor’s main compartment is modular, allowing an alternate configuration as a Hope-class floating hospital. This variant is employed by the UEE and other organizations as battlefield support, capable of getting Marines and pilots back to the battle as quickly as possible! When outfitted as a hospital, the Endeavor’s docking bay is capable of maintaining a single Cutlass Red ambulance. The Endeavor has also found its way into the service of less reputable organizations, where it can has been modified for everything from narcotics production to black market surgery.
  • Anvil Aerospace CrucibleA so-called “flying toolbox,” the Crucible is the ship you want on your side when you suffer an asteroid collision or survive a pirate attack! Structurally, the Crucible consists of a cockpit, drive unit and workshop. The Crucible’s workshop is versatile: it can be used as a base for conducting EVA repairs (complete with requisite tool storage) or it can use magnetic grapplers to attach directly to a ship hull. In this situation, the workshop actually opens to space and allows a repair crew direct access to a damaged ship. The workshop can either maintain artificial gravity or allow for zero-g repair operations, depending on the needs of the mission. The Crucible’s cockpit is also outfitted with an array of repair tools, including dual purpose mounts that can exchange weapons for tractor beams and remote manipulator arms. The Crucible is also part of a larger planned repair system. For larger project, independent sections of support struts and drive units, called the Miller ERS (External Repair Structure), can be locked together to form a sort of scaffolding around a damaged starship, the next best thing to an orbital drydock. A standard ERS unit includes a small drive, thrusters, magnetic attach points and modular hardpoints for mounting tractor beams, repair tools or weapons. ERS segments each have a code defining their shape (P1 = Straight section, P2= Left turn, P3 = Right turn, etc.) with the multiple layouts allowing extensive zero-gravity construction as necessary. In the case of damaged capital ships, like the Navy’s Bengal carriers, hundreds of ERS units might be formed into a latticework serviced by a dozen or more Crucibles. —We finally saw what this looked like.
  • Espera Prowler Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Espera’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices. The Prowler’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA. With the updated Prowler model, you will find the perfect fusion of two culture: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern UEE technology. (While lacking some of the upgrades of the modern version, vintage Tevarin-built Prowlers restored for modern spaceflight are prized by owners lucky enough to locate them.)
  • The BB-12 is a brand new Manned Maneuvering Unit from Azure Sky Aero. Whether you are engaging in precision mining operations or delicate salvage retrieval, the BB-12 is capable of EVA operation for six uninterrupted hours. This new model features twenty-four precision nozzle thrusters and two redesigned heavy-duty tanks of gaseous nitrogen propellant, capable of being hot-swapped while on the drift or refueled back on the ship. With the BB-12, Azure Sky has once again cemented their place as the premier EVA tech provider.
  • Aegis Surveyor The Surveyor, from noted military contractor Aegis, is an industrial-quality salvage ship. Equipped with a reinforced cargo bay, a long-range jump drive and launch pods for unmanned drones, the Surveyor is an ideal ship for taking advantage of deep space wrecks. Tractor beams, floodlights, scanner options and docking ports round out the tool chest on this capable, utilitarian spacecraft.
Another set of ships are the ones we see but don't hear about:

there are a lot more Easter eggs if you just look at the images they put out. Specially in the illustrations of their planet-side worlds/systems..

Reactions: Cpt.Jackster
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
The first picture ship and 2nx picture have been confirmed as just space occupying ships. They had no intentions to make those ships last interview they were brought up.

Add caterpillar onto.the list of ships we know about buy nevere see.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Im seeing some serious overlap with existing ships here.

Endeavor - Carrack
Both exploration and finding jump points

Espera Prowler - Redeemer
Both boarding craft

Aegis Surveyor - Reclaimer
Both do salvage

You now what happens each time they release these new ships right? Everybody melts the old ship and gets the new hotness!

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Endeavor - Carrack
I was thinking the Endeavor would be more like a space lab you can park around nebulae to study them(or cook space meth) while the Carrack is more for hardcore exploring/jump point mapping.

I really want to see more of the Endeavor!

Reactions: mromutt and SARGE
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Im seeing some serious overlap with existing ships here.

Endeavor - Carrack

Both boarding craft

Aegis Surveyor - Reclaimer
Both do salvage

You now what happens each time they release these new ships right? Everybody melts the old ship and gets the new hotness!
Endeavor=a science ship, that does exploration. Its primary goal is to do scientific studies, it is jump capable but doesn't have all the navigation equipment.
Carrack= A exploration ship, that does a little of everything. It's primary goal is wormhole navigation and HQ of exploration parties.

Espera= A stealthy boarding ship, think of this as a spec ops drop ship. It's probably minimally gunned.
Redeemer= A gunship that has boarding capabilities. This is more used for shooting stuff off, dropping some grunts off and leaving.

Surveyor and Reclaimer sound similar. I think the Surveyor is more meant for strip searching the ship of usable equipment. It is probably much smaller and small sig than the Reclaimer. Reclaimer is a larger ship that doesn't car about equipment and is more focused to just grinding everything to scrap.

If there is multiple of each ship specialization that is a good thing. Maybe Anvil will make a boarding ship more focused on defense than offensive measures. Or maybe it is a true gunship with no dropship capabilities. It just goes in and delivers a huge payload of Anvil Ass Kicking Justice.

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
: )
I for one like your opinion on it being a SPEC ops Ship.

AND since the exploration and freelancing is my thing (or rather, will be my thing) I kinda like to have a science ship as well as the Carrack (still waiting on it to go on sale)...

there is that matter of that anvil picture, the F8. Which I assume could be a version of a stealth bomber of sorts?...it has top loaded missiles instead of belly drop though. However, I see a lot of fixed guns...maybe a capital shooter...or whatever they are called?

pew pew pew

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
Hey all.
Isn't the Endeavour (that's right, I put a 'u' in there 'cuz I'm Canadian and that's the way we spell) the hospital ship that can dock 2 reds? Supposed to be modular as well so that we can fit it to be just about any sketchy space-lab we can think of.
I don't know.... Way too many ships with some overlap, and, with modules on the horizon, it seems like all ships will be all things with just cargo space size the only x-factor.

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
By the way, why did I pick up a Hull B pinata for? Someone give me a reason not to melt this.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Isn't the Endeavor (that's right, I put a 'u' in there 'cuz I'm Canadian and that's the way we spell) the hospital ship that can dock 2 reds?
There is a variant that is a hospital, I think I remember it can dock one red. The stock Endeavor is regular researchy(space meth) stuff.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
: )

there is that matter of that anvil picture, the F8. Which I assume could be a version of a stealth bomber of sorts?...it has top loaded missiles instead of belly drop though. However, I see a lot of fixed guns...maybe a capital shooter...or whatever they are called?

pew pew pew
Anvil F8 is a Heavy Fighter, basically if the f7 is a f16/f35/f18, the f8 is a f15/f22/f14. It's bigger more weapons more missiles and heavy armored.

Fighter seem to take a WW2 approach to sizes. There is light fighters, medium fighters, heavy fighters, and long range fights. There is also dive bombers (gladiator) that also semi-fight into the fighter/bomber hybrid.

Light Fighters=Gladius, Aurora LN, Merlin
Medium Fighters=F7, Avenger, 325a, Scythe, Cutlass
Heavy Fighters=F8
Long Range Fighters= Vanguard
Dive Bomber=Gladiator

The Khatu'al I am not sure where to place as it is a non-typical design, but I want to say light fighter.
The MIS is a modified merchant ship, I don't think there will be too many of these so I would put it in modified light or medium bomber.
The Redeemer is a gunship, which if there is not many other gunships, I would be group as a heavy (non-standard) fighter .

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
A Crucible is going to be the last addition to round out my little fleet. None of the other ships left to be shown spark my interest to any large degree, but a Crucible is going to be an absolute necessity for making use of flyable derelicts.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The red vertical fighter is a stock pay-to-use cryengine asset. CIG used it to flesh out the Kickstarter trailer so it looked like they had more than the Hornet modeled (which they didn't)

Only one I'm remotely tempted by is the Prowler. A stealthy EVA orientated boarding ship (as opposed to the Redeemer which is a Gunship that can hold a few grunts, and the Caterpillar which is going to rely more on RAMMING SPEED and a heavy duty hull cutter built into the front) sounds pretty radical. Depends on size and price point.

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
The Aegis Surveyor was renamed the Reclaimer, and already released as a concept sale.

Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14159-Future-Concept-Sale-Plans

Aegis Reclaimer – The Reclaimer (formerly Surveyor), from noted military contractor Aegis, is an industrial-quality salvage ship. Equipped with a reinforced cargo bay, a long-range jump drive and launch pods for unmanned drones, the Reclaimer is an ideal ship for taking advantage of deep space wrecks. Tractor beams, floodlights, scanner options and docking ports round out the tool chest on this capable, utilitarian spacecraft.

The Endeavour will no longer be able to be converted into a Hope Class hospital. Instead, the Hope Class Hospital will be a separate MISC ship.

Source: Watch from 19:40

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Both boarding craft
Not quite...

The Redeemer is more a traditional drop-ship, with a considerable amount of fire power.
The Prowler has been mentioned to attach itself to the hull of another, hack it's systems and cut a hole through it's hull for boarding.
So, the Redeemer is like a Hueyhog, or Blackhawk, gets the troops in, and can hold its own decently well. The Prowler works more like naval boarding. A tad more subtle, if not completely covert.

The Prowler will probably be popular for those out there who like to get their ships via the Five Finger Discount method.

Reactions: SARGE
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Not quite...

The Redeemer is more a traditional drop-ship, with a considerable amount of fire power.
The Prowler has been mentioned to attach itself to the hull of another, hack it's systems and cut a hole through it's hull for boarding.
So, the Redeemer is like a Hueyhog, or Blackhawk, gets the troops in, and can hold its own decently well. The Prowler works more like naval boarding. A tad more subtle, if not completely covert.

The Prowler will probably be popular for those out there who like to get their ships via the Five Finger Discount method.
Exactly what I was saying. Prowler is also on my list as it was a joint effort between Esperra and Anvil components. I cant remember for certain, but there was a newer ship company and Anvil. Sort of how Misc and xi'an are working together.

Cpt.Jackster

Admiral
May 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Jackster
The endeavor is a Science lab or space hospital with re-spawn points i hear. I am Hoping to get my hands on one of these to convert it into a Hope class mobile Hospital or at a later date get the variant version with the LTI.

As for the Aegis Surveyor I believe is going to be a smaller version of the Reclaimer, and i heard same as for the small mining ship as well . I am not dying to get this ship since i think my focus is going to be Refueler/Fuel sales with my Starfarer, and maybe small cargo contracts. I am not sure looking for space junk is going to excite me, but you never know what they get me to buy next.

I am really looking forward to being a Medic in FPS battles or part of an ERT unit " Emergency Response Team " with my Endeavor "I hope" and Red Cutlass.

And is this true Vindslav the endeavor is not going to have a hope class variant. Hmmm going to have to look into this new information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ichiru

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Not quite...

awesome input.

Forgot your password?