New World MMO! July 2021 Beta - Server East Coast Finias. Faction - Marauders

Heartwood

Admiral
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
I hope it does not get too boring too fast.
Yes, indeed. Wondering what version we played in that test. Heard something about it being the alpha version from last test, which would be great.

So NDA and stuff, but at some point, when you want to try out a second new start and think "rock" only and then go about rock business for 2h to discover that some rocks might hold more value than you think they do, things like that peak my interest. Get grindy, get rewarded with rares via gathering mundane things

ZombieXII

Grand Admiral
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
ZombieXII
Although I haven't been actively involved in SC and TEST since early-mid 2018 (I'm almost done with my degree!) I've hopped on after getting to play New World the past week hoping to see TEST would have a presence in this upcoming MMO.

I only got to lv 20 but was more than happy with what I saw and am hopeful for this game's future.

Are there many members planning to be involved with the Aug 25 Beta? I was hoping to coordinate with some people to get together and rush for a settlement early on the get a feel for the region control mechanics since "governing" a region and protecting it isn't exactly a solo job.

EDIT: Spelling/Grammar; I'm not working on an English degree

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Are there many members planning to be involved with the Aug 25 Beta? I was hoping to coordinate with some people to get together and rush for a settlement early on the get a feel for the region control mechanics since "governing" a region and protecting it isn't exactly a solo job.

EDIT: Spelling/Grammar; I'm not working on an English degree
We got a group going for this on our guilded server. drop in: https://www.guilded.gg/TEST/groups/5d2pArA3/channels/a36f6671-ba4f-4a09-9771-3babd33397d0/chat

• o7

Starscribe

Captain
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Starscibe Im in the EU but will stick to the US server we are on see the details on this link https://www.guilded.gg/TEST/groups/5d2pArA3/channels/a36f6671-ba4f-4a09-9771-3babd33397d0/chat

As I am not doing PVP the lag is acceptable for this trial. Also If I start a new server I have to start my character from scratch
For the trial - absolutely. Long term, I'm definitely looking at being EU-server focussed.

PvP will matter in the game going forwards as part of the full experience - the PvP faction missions auto flag you. And a lot of the grander territory holding comes at a PvP price.

If Test is looking to put together a permanent EU presence, I'm in.

• o7

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
For the trial - absolutely. Long term, I'm definitely looking at being EU-server focussed.

PvP will matter in the game going forwards as part of the full experience - the PvP faction missions auto flag you. And a lot of the grander territory holding comes at a PvP price.

Yeah, count me in the EU group. REALLY liked the game, but it is a pitty that there won't be a way to play with our testies. EU east is between 140 to 180 here, good for pve, strange for pvp.

So far I managed to get to 45, learning a lot about leveling and different weapons (hatchet from hell makes things easier). Looking forward to this release

Starscribe

Captain
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Yeah, count me in the EU group. REALLY liked the game, but it is a pitty that there won't be a way to play with our testies. EU east is between 140 to 180 here, good for pve, strange for pvp.

So far I managed to get to 45, learning a lot about leveling and different weapons (hatchet from hell makes things easier). Looking forward to this release
I forgot - NDA is lifted for this event so I can say: I agree! Hatchet for mobs you can chew through, sword and board for higher level mobs. Disappointed by staves so far; life is better than fire and loving the teleport (obviously) but just too dead in the water if anyone gets in your face I think. Spec for strength, keep the staff for speed.

Loving the changes to the game. I've 30 hours played over the last few days so they are doing something right..

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken

So if the NDA is lifted (haven't played yet) how much solo PvP are you forced to do? If the territory holding is PvP centered I assume that is group related. and if there is an auto flag for certain missions I take it you are sometimes not set for PvP at all? mostly it is at end game and situational?

• o7
Forgot your password?