New World MMO! - Server East Coast - Valhalla - Covenant

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Are there many members planning to be involved with the Aug 25 Beta? I was hoping to coordinate with some people to get together and rush for a settlement early on the get a feel for the region control mechanics since "governing" a region and protecting it isn't exactly a solo job.

EDIT: Spelling/Grammar; I'm not working on an English degree
We got a group going for this on our guilded server. drop in: https://www.guilded.gg/TEST/groups/5d2pArA3/channels/a36f6671-ba4f-4a09-9771-3babd33397d0/chat

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Starscibe Im in the EU but will stick to the US server we are on see the details on this link https://www.guilded.gg/TEST/groups/5d2pArA3/channels/a36f6671-ba4f-4a09-9771-3babd33397d0/chat

As I am not doing PVP the lag is acceptable for this trial. Also If I start a new server I have to start my character from scratch
For the trial - absolutely. Long term, I'm definitely looking at being EU-server focussed.

PvP will matter in the game going forwards as part of the full experience - the PvP faction missions auto flag you. And a lot of the grander territory holding comes at a PvP price.

If Test is looking to put together a permanent EU presence, I'm in.

• o7

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
For the trial - absolutely. Long term, I'm definitely looking at being EU-server focussed.

PvP will matter in the game going forwards as part of the full experience - the PvP faction missions auto flag you. And a lot of the grander territory holding comes at a PvP price.

Yeah, count me in the EU group. REALLY liked the game, but it is a pitty that there won't be a way to play with our testies. EU east is between 140 to 180 here, good for pve, strange for pvp.

So far I managed to get to 45, learning a lot about leveling and different weapons (hatchet from hell makes things easier). Looking forward to this release

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Yeah, count me in the EU group. REALLY liked the game, but it is a pitty that there won't be a way to play with our testies. EU east is between 140 to 180 here, good for pve, strange for pvp.

So far I managed to get to 45, learning a lot about leveling and different weapons (hatchet from hell makes things easier). Looking forward to this release
I forgot - NDA is lifted for this event so I can say: I agree! Hatchet for mobs you can chew through, sword and board for higher level mobs. Disappointed by staves so far; life is better than fire and loving the teleport (obviously) but just too dead in the water if anyone gets in your face I think. Spec for strength, keep the staff for speed.

Loving the changes to the game. I've 30 hours played over the last few days so they are doing something right..

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken

So if the NDA is lifted (haven't played yet) how much solo PvP are you forced to do? If the territory holding is PvP centered I assume that is group related. and if there is an auto flag for certain missions I take it you are sometimes not set for PvP at all? mostly it is at end game and situational?

• o7

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
So if the NDA is lifted (haven't played yet) how much solo PvP are you forced to do? If the territory holding is PvP centered I assume that is group related. and if there is an auto flag for certain missions I take it you are sometimes not set for PvP at all? mostly it is at end game and situational?
There is a little icon on the bottom right of you screen. Press U and the swords cross, this means you are flagged for PVP and other players can attack you. Pressing U again unflags you and nobody can PVP you.

Doing PVP missions yeild almost double the XP or rewards in some cases, so if you want to level up fast, its the best path.

You can keep doing PvE as long as you like, although the current main story line tends to end around level 20.

• o7

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
PvP and its missions are optionals (but they pay and give more xp, considerably). The problem is if you go solo chances are you will get ganked... unless its some strange hour. But sure enough, you can opt out of PvP, level up, and get back on the fights when you feel confident.

I am liking a lot this game, even if the PvE still needs a good pass on content.

I forgot - NDA is lifted for this event so I can say: I agree! Hatchet for mobs you can chew through, sword and board for higher level mobs. Disappointed by staves so far; life is better than fire and loving the teleport (obviously) but just too dead in the water if anyone gets in your face I think. Spec for strength, keep the staff for speed.

Loving the changes to the game. I've 30 hours played over the last few days so they are doing something right..
And yes, double agree, needs lot of balancing. Staves are just for mobility, hatchet and sword dominate, while hammer is kind of very short ranged and slow as fuuu...

• o7
Forgot your password?